"What is Jack not telling us about this place?" Dawn asked.

"Look," Jack replied, "Like I alluded to earlier, this place is haunted. Okay, more than haunted. Actually, it's pretty insanely haunted. There's portals here to dimensions of evil beyond your abilities to comprehend. There are ghosts, demons, poltergeists, all sorts of fun spectral critters running around this place."

"And what else?" Scott asked.

"Okay, so, some of the ghosts here, well, I made 'em."

"Oh!" Dawn cried, "What you're saying is that you killed some people and somehow their spirits got trapped here?"

"More or less."

"Jack!" Scott growled.

"Okay. Yeah. Fine. I killed some folks here and their spirits got trapped. Wasn't my fault!"

"It wasn't your fault you killed them?"

"No! Okay, yeah, that was on me, but not the spirit trapping part. That's not my fault."

"Oh, well, that's a big relief."

"Haunted or not," Grace said, "we need to seek out places to get some rest. I think it's best to separate the boys and girls, if you don't mind."

"Especially considering that all the 'boys' here are vampires," Jack responded.

"And what is that supposed to mean?"

"Well, you know, those basic vampiric urges. You know, sweetheart, our appetites are large, and I ain't just talking blood, darlin', you know what I'm sayin'?"

Grace snorted. "Just you try something, vampire. I've been itching to kill one of you bastards for a while. So go on. Give me a reason."

"Uh," Scott said, as he placed himself between Jack and the advancing agent of Ministry, "I don't think that will be necessary. Jeremiah and I will keep a real good eye on Jack here. Plus, I can always bust out that remote control!"

"Yeah, well, if you need help, I'll gladly be there."

"I'm sure you will be. Anyway, yeah, I think it would be a good idea to find some rooms and try to get some rest."

"Right," Jeremiah said, "We will head out at first light. Hopefully the road will be clear by then."

Grace relented, calming herself down as she stepped away. "Come on, Dawn," She said, "Let's find us a suite."

"Oh, a suite!" Dawn whistled, "I hope we can find something with a hot tub and a mini bar!"

"At this rate, I'm just hoping for no asbestos and no rats."

*

Jeremiah and Scott settled on the second floor as their place of rest. They decided on taking shifts; one would remain awake to keep an eye on Jack while the other would try to sleep for a while. Naturally they could hear any commotion from just about any part of the building due to their superior aural abilities, so they could respond if the women needed help -- not that Scott thought they would; he knew full well that both Dawn and Grace could take care of themselves. Jack sat between Jeremiah and Scott, and the hopes Scott had for any rest were shattered as Jack just could not keep his damn mouth shut. As such, Scott was occupied with his own hassles. He didn't know what the girls were up to.