Chapter 15

Together you look at the ingredients on the kitchen counter. "Do you know how to make lasagna?" you ask. "Uhh... I kinda know how to cut the vegetables," Thomas says and looks at you. You laugh. "Okay, so you start with the cutting and I will look for the recipe." Thomas nods and you walk out of the kitchen.

You sit down behind the laptop that is on the dinner table and scroll through some recipes that seem nice. When you find the one you used this morning, an envelope appears on the screen. "Thomas, you have got an email!" you yell to the kitchen. "What does it say?" he yells back. You click on the envelope which opens the email. You read the title and suddenly feel sick.

"It..... It says you're going to America," you say and slowly get off the chair. Thomas walks into the room to the laptop and closes the email. "It's nothing," he says and walks to you. You bite on the tip of your thumb and look down at the ground. "Are you okay?" he asks. "It's says you're leaving," you say and feel tears filling your eyes. You look him in the eye. "It says you're leaving in two fucking weeks!" you yell and feel anger swell up. 

"Lilly, really it's nothing, we'll fix it, okay?" he wants to lay his hand on your shoulder but you step back. "Don't you say 'we'll fix it' because you always say that and don't actually do anything about!" you say and look at him expecting he would say something. "Lilly, don't worry, I thought this whole thing through, you can just stay here in the apartment," he says and smiles desperately. You walk away from him and laugh. "Of course, I just stay in the apartment," You turn around so you face him again. "Like I didn't fucking think of that! He saw me in the supermarket! Do you really think it's fucking safe for me to go outside?" He looks down to the ground. " Lilly please, I didn't ask for this. If I had a choice I'd rather stay here with you, but I don't. It's for my job and like it or not, but I still need to pay the rent around here and I'm sorry that I'm saying this and I know you can't do anything about it, but I don't really see you making any money so it's all up to me."

The words hit you like a brick in the face. He's right. He's totally right. You were thinking that him protecting you was the only thing he did. You forgot that besides you, he has a life, a job, friends and family. How could you be so selfish. You let yourself fall onto the couch and places your hand in front of your mouth and let the tears slide down your cheeks. "I'm... I'm so sorry Thomas, I was thinking about myself and I kinda forgot that..... well....." he sits down next to. "You've had a rough time I know, and I'm sorry I didn't tell you about the trip, but this time I'll fix it, maybe you can come with me." You look at him. "That would be awesome," you say and smile. He laughs. "Then I'll try to make it happen." You smile and hug him. "I love you," you whisper. He laughs and wraps his arms around you. "I love you too."

*Please read A/N*

A/N: Heey guys, I hope you enjoyed and why I asked you to read this is because..... I'm thinking about making a sequel. It will be totally different from this and if you read the ending of this story you're probably going to think how the heck do you want to make a sequel out of this? Well I don't know either, but I just want your opinions about it, so please leave in the comments what you think about this idea and let me know if you liked the story and don't forget to vote ^.^

xx- Marly