Chapter 23

"Shoot me!" You yell through the tears. "Come on then, SHOOT ME!" You're not scared anymore, huh?" Your stepfather asks confused. You shake your head. "I just can't escape you," you  laugh, "so hurry up and bring me to them." You stand with your arms wide open and look up to the ceiling. "Take me to my parents." You mutter and close your eyes.

The gun clicks and the sound of a loud bang fills the air. Before the gun shot you thought you heard Thomas screaming your name.

So this is what death feels like? You think, because I don't feel any different. No really, I feel exactly the same. You open your eyes and see a hole in the ceiling. "I won't let you take her away from me!" A voice screams. You lower your head so you face your stepfather again. You see him fighting with someone. It's Thomas!

He grabs him from behind and holds the arm with the gun tight. He came.... He actually came for you! But why?! Why does he put his own life on the line to safe you? He has so much to live for.

"Thomas!" You yell. "Thomas run! Leave me be! Go and live the life you've build up!" No Lilly! The only life I want to live is a life with you!" At the same moment your stepfather punches Thomas in the face with the gun and he falls to the ground. "You guys are adorable," your stepfather says as he grabs thomas by his jacket so he stands again. "And so," he pushes Thomas over next to you. He falls with his back against the bed. "Thomas!" You scream and run to him. You kneel next to him and grab his hand. Blood is dripping from his forehead. "I will let you watch how Lilly gets killed."

A smile appears on your face. "Don't worry Thomas," you whisper, "you've always been so strong, now it's my turn." You let go of his hand and stand up straight. You look at your stepfather. "I'm ready," you say smiling. "Finally," he says and aims the gun at you. Another gunshot fills the air.

So this is what it really feels like.

A/N: Heey guys!! I'm so sorry for updating every six months!! But all your comments are so sweet and they really make my heart melt! I hope you all have an amazing 2016 😘😘

- xx Marly