Chapter 17

Thomas unlocks the car and opens the door for you. "Such a gentlemen," you say and sit down in the passenger seat. He laughs and closes the door. He walks to the other side of the car and sits down next to you.

"Excited?" He asks as he places the key in the lock behind the wheel. You shrug. "I guess," you say. The car starts and Thomas looks at you. "What is that suppose to mean," he asks. You laugh. "It means that you should drive already otherwise we don't have enough time to shop!" You say. Thomas laughs and drives away.

You stare out of the window while biting the tip of your thumb. "Nervous?" Thomas asks. "Is it that obvious?" you ask. Thomas laughs. "Yeah," he says keeping his eyes on the road, "but it'll be fine, I don't think he will be in Brighton, unless it's for his job or something." You chuckle. "What?" Thomas asks. "I uhh.... I actually have no idea what his job is." For real?" he asks, giving you a quick glance. You nod. "Yup, he never told me, but I know it has to be some sort of office job or something, since he always wears his suit." But you had to go to school, right? Why didn't you escape then?" You sigh.

"He always picked me up, or let his drinking buddy's pick me up. But he didn't always used to pick me up. One day he went to the pub to watch his favourite football club play. They lost and he was really pissed. I was already in bed when he came to my room with a frying pan. I'll spare you the details. Let's just say it was worse than usual. So the next day after school, I decided I didn't want it anymore. I went to the police station and told them everything. They called him up. He walked into the station and told I fell down the stairs. He said he was really worried about me and I think I even saw a tear. When we were home he grabbed the frying pan again and beat me up. He told me that next time it would be a knife."

"Damn," Thomas says, "how old were you?" Eleven," you say. You roll up your sleeve. "I did it again," you say almost inaudible while looking at the red scar that's almost as long as your whole upper arm. "Shit," Thomas says. "Yeah, can you imagine what he would do if he catches me again." Please Lilly, we're supposed to have fun today, I don't want that kind of thought running through my head when we're shopping." You chuckle. "Yeah sorry." He laughs. "it's okay, and we're here."

*please read authors note*

A/N: Heey guys, sorry for such a crappy chapter, but I wanted to post something since I haven't updated in a while...... I know it's pretty boring and I'm kinda out of inspiration right now. So I thought maybe you guys could leave some suggestions for the story. You can leave them in the comments or leave a direct message.

So leave a comment with your idae and please vote (:

xx- Marly