Chapter 22

*Thomas p.o.v.*

I wake up soaked in my own sweat. I sit up straight and let my hand go through my messy hair. What a terrible nightmare. I look at my phone and see it's thirty past two. I get out of bed and walk to the kitchen to get a glass of water. When I'm done I walk back into the living room.

Everything looks so peaceful. I walk to the couch to kiss Lilly on her forehead. But as I walk closer her body looks more like a pillow. With big eyes I look at the couch. I run to the light switch and throw the blanket on the floor.

Two pillows.

I curse. "No, no, no, no," I say as I walk in circles around the living room. "Lilly,  where are you?" I say when I notice a piece of paper on the dinner table. It's from Lilly.

Dear Thomas,

I went on a mission to go get my book back.It's very important to me and I think I can handle it. But if I don't come back in the morning, please go to America without me. Please be happy without me. Because as long as you're happy, I am too.

-Lilly

PS, in case you want to warn the police, to get my stepfather locked up, send them to the following address

Wait? Is that... Is that where she is right now? I.... I have to go to her! I have to make sure she's safe!

I quickly put on my pants and my shoes. I place Lilly's letter in my pocket and walk out of my appartement.

I try to walk as fast as I can. But I can't stop thinking about what could happened, so I end up running. I check every street. Until I bump into someone.

I fall to the ground and the person I bumped into too. "I'm so sorry," I say as I quickly help the lady up. "It's okay," she says," it seems like you're in a hurry." I smile at her and nod, while waiting impatiently. "Have you lost anything?" She asks. "Well," I begin," I'm looking for an address." I say and get the piece of paper out of my pocket. I show her the address. "Oh I know that street," she says. "You do?" I ask surprised. She nods. "Yeah, just walk straight forward until you get at this pub, when you're there turn left." I look at her and start laughing. "Oh my god, thank you! Thank you so much! Really! Oh my god!" I quickly get some money out of my other pocket and without checking the amount I hand it to her. Before she can say anything I start running again.

I look at the sign. It's the same name as Lilly mentioned in the letter. I walk passed the houses when I find the number. I stand still for a second preparing for what I should expect. I take a deep breath and walk to the front door. Well, I can't ring the doorbell of course. I start pushing the door. Well of course it doesn't open what did I expect! Maybe the backdoor.

I walk into the garden towards the house. I feel my palms getting sweaty. When I reach for the door I lay my hand on the doorknob. I take a deep breath before I turn it. I turn the doorknob as slowly and quietly as I can until I hear a click. Thank god it's open. I walk inside the house. Someone's yelling upstairs. As I walk to the stairs I recognise the voice of who's yelling. It's Lilly.

I slowly walk up the stairs, trying to follow the mumbled conversation upstairs. I hear every word he says. About her mother and.... About her! He's going to kill her! When I'm almost upstairs I can see his bald head in, what has to be, Lilly's room. I lean with my back against the wall and wait for the right moment. The right moment to safe Lilly. To safe our future.

A/N: BOOM GUESS WHO GOT INSPIRATION! *backstreet's back alright* So yeah, this chapter came sooner than I thought. Guess I'll post the ending in like, what? Eight months? Nah i'm kidding, I'll see what I'll do, but I just hope it won't take too long 😅

So let me know what you think and please vote (:

-xx Marly