Chapter 24

A.N.: IM VERY SORRY FOR THE VERY LATE UPDATE YOU GUYS!!!

Our internet here has been very bitchy lately and the pressure from the exams are just plain rude. :<<

If you're still with me, I just want to thank you for being patient :))

I promise I'll get better. <3

P. S. Still unedited :)))

P. S. S. "Bold dialogues"= English
                "Normal dialogues"= Korean

LHY's POV

"Can I kick it?"

The music boomed through my ears as I increased the speed on the treadmill.

"Kamkamhan jeo haneul wie, hanbatang nanrireul chimyeo bureul jireul geoya,"

Adding a few minutes more to the timer, I matched my legs' pace with the speed and focused on steadying my breathing.

"Can I kick it?"

I looked out the window, eyeing the countless people going through their day.

"Neoraneun sesangeul buswobeorigo, na hwanhage nunbusyeo beoril geoya."

It is currently a few minutes after 7 and I've been working on the treadmill since 6:30. It has been three days since I got a good workout in, so I decided to do a long session of cardio to makeup for it.

We've been in New York for two days now and as of today, the others are very busy with the boys' interviews-leaving me and the concert staff free for today.

Everything is going well so far.

I am not getting any of those anonymous messages anymore, the bruise on my arm is healing, and I had been able to create two new songs for the little time that we've been here.

Except for the difficulties I have when it comes to sleeping. Thus, starting the day with a very early workout.

I turned the treadmill off as the alarm sounded, signaling the end of my 40-minute run.

I stepped down from the device and chugged the rest of the water left on my bottle. I wiped the sweat off my face and wore my jacket, already feeling cold after staying still and with only a sports bra and thin leggings on.

I haven't been able to hang out with the group lately, which is understandable with how busy they are because of promotions.

But despite of their packed schedules, Jimin always had his ways to check up on me and talk or text for a bit.

And it always left me a big grin on my face.

He even managed to buy me brownies on their way back from one of their interviews the other day.

I huffed out a breath and collected my things, exiting the gym to return to my room.

Entering the elevator, I pressed the button displaying the number '17' as well as the button to close the doors. I continued to wipe the sweat off my body with my towel, watching the numbers displayed on the small screen above the doors increase.

I hummed the tune of Jimin and V's 'Friends' that was playing in my ears, tapping my foot to the beat.

The doors opened to an empty hallway, meaning the boys have yet to arrive.