Chapter 21

A.N.: Unedited as always. This chap's a bit different. Hope you enjoy <3

PJM's POV

(2 days before the previous chapter)

I opened my eyes after noona's signal and examined myself in the mirror.

"Thank you," I smiled at her as I got up.

I walked to the couches near the set and sat across of Taehyung and Suga hyung who are talking in whispers.

I glanced at them with an empty look on my face and closed my eyes. I settled more in my seat, making myself comfortable, and let out a sigh.

It has been a stressful week.

We each only had very little sleep had because our schedule are busy with practices, recordings, commercial and photo shoots, and meetings for our next albums. We had to squeeze it all in for two weeks before tour starts.

To top it all off, I think my best friend is now together with the girl I like.

It's harder to ignore her as days pass by.

The temptation of wanting to talk to her is becoming out of hand as she tries everything to make a conversation with me, but all I did was shut her out.

I didn't want to at first, of course, but if ignoring her can make these feelings go away, then I will ignore her forever if I have to.

It's obvious that it will only develop if I continue to behave like how I normally would with her.

A small part of me is actually thankful that our schedules are busy enough to fill up three days of our time, preventing us from working in the building.

If I spent another day with her, I wouldn't able to resist talking to her anymore.

I subtly looked at Taehyung, turning almost immediately before he could catch me.

I've been also ignoring him since that day. It's harder since we live together, but I managed to steer clear of him.

It really hurt me when I saw those two with almost no distance in between. He knew that I like her but still betrayed me like my feelings meant nothing to him-like I'm nothing to him.

But I admit that it is partially my fault. The coward in me always takes control of these situations no matter how hard I tried to be brave.

If I only made the first move, none of this would've happened.

I hear someone stand up and walk away, before a voice spoke up, "Yah, Jiminie!" I subconsciously freeze at the voice. "You alright?" Taehyung asked softly.

I just hummed at him and kept my eyes closed. He had been trying to talk to me all week and all I've been giving him are short responses, same with Hae Young--I couldn't avoid them completely.

The other members would try to talk to me about it but I would just shake my head and keep quiet. If my hyungs knew, I would be in deeper trouble than I am now.

I felt the space beside me dip and a nudge on my shoulder. I opened my left eye and glanced at the person, seeing V with a small smile on his face.

I internally groaned and closed my eye again. "What?"

"Are you mad, hyung?" I didn't answer, hoping he would stop. "I know you're mad," he whispered.

"Why did you even ask if you already knew the answer?" I muttered coldly.

I opened my eyes but kept it at my lap, willing to listen to him at least before it's my turn to shoot.

I might seem rude to him, but I have every right to be. He went behind my back and now him and Hae are closer than we'll ever be.