Chapter 43 ❤️ Not boyfriend ❤️

I enter the hall while Ryan and Casey wait outside. They wish me good luck with hugs and that makes me feel better actually. The MC start the competition with some speech before we proceed with the real challenge.

We are divided to groups and we get into different stations. Each station requires us to solve different kinds of challenge. I don't know what to expect but I think I work good so far as I finish all of my tasks with complete answer even though I don't know they are correct or not. And memorising the formulas actually really helps.

At the last station, we are asked to be partners with anyone in the group and as I look around where I don't know anyone in this group, I just think I'll partner up with anyone left. But after a few seconds, someone approaches me.

"Do you have a partner already?" He smiles while asking. He looks attractive actually. He has the kind of Nicholas Hoult look and yes, that means he's handsome. It makes me nervous to talk to him somehow.

"No. I was waiting for anyone left actually." I shake my head and smiles back.

"Well, mind if I ask you to be my partner then?" He holds out his hand to shake mine.

"Sure, why not?" I shake his hand.

"Nicholas. Call me Nick."

"Abigail. You can call me Abby."

After 2 minutes of making a group of partners, they give us tasks which obviously needs to be done by two persons. I'm glad that Nick is as quick as me and I'm very sure we will nail this round. We finish ours first and hand in our answers. He gives me a high five after finishing all of the challenges.

"Thank you, everyone for joining our competition. A big appreciation I give to all of the school that participates in this competition. You guys really did a good job and I hope to see you next time. While you're waiting for the result to be announced, there's a small event and food that you can enjoy with your family and friends outside. We'll gather here again for the ending ceremony after 2 hours. Have a rest and I hope you enjoy!" The MC gives his speech before he dismisses us all to eat.

"So, you come here with your family?" When I am standing up from my seat, Nick comes over to me.

"No, my Mom has a business to do so I came with my friends." We walk together heading out the hall as everyone also busy with going to eat.

"I see." He just nods.

"You? You're here with your families?"

"No, I'm from The Woods High School so I'm from a boarding school. I just came with some of my friends who also join as contestants."

Ah, he's from The Woods, boys boarding school. No wonder he's quick and looks smart.

When we step outside the hall, we are greeted by Casey and Ryan. Casey quickly hugs me excitedly.

"How was it? Is it hard? When will they announce the winner?" She starts shooting me with questions.

"Well, I'm lying if I said it was easy. But I survived. And they need us for the closing ceremony after 2 hours." I explain to her.

Just then, I realize that Ryan is looking at Nick who is beside me while hands in his pocket. He doesn't smile actually.

"And this is?" Casey asks with a smile.

"Oh, this is Nick. He was my partner for the last round. From The Woods."

"Hye. Nice to meet you. I'm Nick." He holds out his hand to Casey and she receives it happily while introducing her name. Then, he holds out to Ryan.

"Ryan. Abigail's boyfriend." He states while shaking Nick's hand.

I swear all of us is shocked but no one have the guts to deny it. I just widen my eyes at Ryan but he ignores it. Casey is now pinching my arms, looking at me with a look that says 'Ooh, boyfriend.' With her eyebrows rise.

"Ah, boyfriend. Should have guessed that." He just smiles and nods.

"Um, actually-" I am about to explain that Ryan's not my boyfriend before Casey interrupts me.

"Actually, we're going to eat. Do you want to join us? Or you came with anyone?" Casey says.

"I came with my school friends actually but I'm a year older so I think they forgot that I join them. So, I don't think I have anyone to hang out with now." He explains. And I just knew that he's a year older.

"You're a year older? So you're? 19?" Casey asks. She seems interested now.

Nick just nods.

"Same as me. But I don't think I saw you join this competition last year?"

"I didn't. I was just asked to join it this year as last year we already have enough students to join. So, you're from Sterling? I mean last year's winner?"

"I'm not that good now but yeah I was the winner last year." Casey as Casey and being humble when we all know she still as genius as she was.

"Wow, it's an honour to meet you."

They seem too engrossed in their own conversations that makes me look at Ryan. Ryan shrugs and we decided to sneakily run away from them and let them have their times. We walk slowly and they still haven't notice us so we take that as a cue to get our food first.

"Fuh, we will stand there like a mannequin if any longer." Ryan says when we finally get a bench to sit.

"Casey is friendly, I really didn't think she won't make friends here." I chuckle at his statement.

"By the way, you want any drink? I'll take it."

"Sure. Thanks." I nod.

Ryan goes to take a drink for us and I keep on looking at him. Seeing around us, I'm not surprised that some girls are looking at him too. He's attractive, not gonna lie. He must have a lot of attention with that face. I mean his figure too. He easily catches anyone's attention with that style of him.

"Here. Orange juice for you." He hands me a cup of orange juice when gmhe gets back. I see that the girls are now looking at us disappointedly. Maybe because they thought I'm his girlfriend?

"Do you know you get a lot of attention from the girls?" I narrow my eyes at him.

"Me? Do I?" He looks around.

"Yup, and it's obvious. You didn't realized that?" I shake my head at him.

"Not really. But I do realize you get a boy's attention too. Nick's, to be exact." Oh, so he still remembered about that.

"Oh, Nick. Is it why you tell him you are my boyfriend? Because he tries to get my attention?" I cross my arms.

"Well, it's a fact."

"What fact?"

"That I'm your boy friend. Boy 'space' friend. Right?" he puts his fingers to make a quotation at the space word. Yeah, boy friend. A friend who is a boy.

I kinda disappointed at his answer but I just brush it off because he's not my real boyfriend after all.

He notices me being quiet and asks me a question, "Why? You want me to be your real boyfriend?"