Chapter 10 ❤️ Not because of you ❤️

What are you expecting when you go to the school's most awaited tournaments? Yes, a lot of people. When I say a lot, it means a LOT. Besides, this is the basketball match. Which is where you can see Adam and the gang. And Ryan. Of course, almost of the girls will go to see their match. Well, the boys are always into sports so I think that's why they are here too.

Harley and I are looking for empty spots to sit. Luckily, the basketball stadium is big enough to accommodate the whole school and the opponents' schools. There will be 8 matches that our Sterling High School will participate. Just if they pass the first round.

But, our school has been holding the winner's title since 4 years ago. I'm really sure they will again this year. I'm not stalking them, just the school forum is always full with news.

When I see some empty spots, I take Harley's hand to go to that spots.

"I want to buy a drink. Do you want anything?" Harley says as she will be thirsty later for screaming her heart out for our school.

"Just water, please." Then, she goes outside to buy our drinks.

I can see the players started to fill up the stadium and all the students are already screaming so loud. That's why I don't want to come here. I think I will be deaf the time the final match ends.

I see Alex and I think I should take his picture to give it to Harley later. I take out my phone and ready to take his picture. Don't get me wrong. I'm not the only one who takes pictures here. I zoom in my phone's camera to Alex while he's talking to other players. I got some pictures but I didn't much since he's always moving.

When I'm about to turn my phone off, I can see Ryan's face on my phone's screen. If I see it right, he's looking at me while smiling. I immediately turn it off and look at his direction. He was smirking.

Oh my god. He won't think that I took his picture, right?

•••••

The match has already starts. I'm not really paying much attention but I do when our school is in the court. I didn't say much but I am praying silently in my heart that they will win.

To be honest, I was looking at Ryan's move. I see that he's also one of the best player there.

"Ryan! I love you!"

"Ryan! You are awesome!"

"Ryan! You are the best!"

Wow, that was so much Ryan. I didn't see quite his popularity until today. No wonder Natasha was really pissed.

"Look at Alex! Oh my god, he's very handsome with that sweat." I almost forgot that my friend is also one of the fan girl.

Since our school is the event's manager, we bring our cheerleaders. When I say cheerleaders, you need to imagine Natasha. Harley and I can see that she's being very clingy to Ryan. She gives him his towel after the match and sometimes tries to wipes his sweat. But, you know. Ryan just ignores her which makes her looks even angrier. I can't help but laugh a little when I see that.

Without I'm realising, it's already the final match. It is Sterling High School against Redds High School. Redds is actually a strong opponent. And as usual, I'm praying in my heart that our school will win.

After the second half, we already are leading with 68-45. There's only 3 minutes left and the crowds start to go crazy. I'm just sitting uncomfortably in my place because I am nervous as hell.

When the referee blows the time out whistle. Our students all get up and scream their lungs out. 74-50. We win. I'm just smiling when I know the final results. It was nerve-wracking. I saw Ryan is looking at me. I gave him two thumbs up and clap my hands like the others. He smiles back at me.

•••••

I told Harley to wait at the parking lot because I need to use the toilet. I was holding my urge to pee since the final match. After using the toilet, I go back to the parking lot.

On my way, I bumped into our school's players who I believe were on their way to the locker room to get change. I let them to walk past first since they are so happy to notice that I'm there.

"Hey." Ryan stops in front of me.

"Guys, you go first." He says to the boys and I try my best to not look at them. I already can hear them wooo and ahhh at us.

"Hey. Good games." I say as soon as they are away.

"Oh my god. You compliment me? Abigail Larson actually compliments me?" He makes a shock face. A little laugh escapes my lips.

"Yes, I am. Why? You don't like it?" I cross my hand over my chest.

"What? I am really happy, you know!" We both laugh at that.

"So, you started to like basketball?" He asks me. I can see his sweat on his forehead and he wipes them off with the towel in his hand.

"Because this is my first time watching it until the final match, I think maybe a little." I frown a little.

"Is it that hard to say that it's because of me?" He and his high self-esteem.

"Oh my god. You will never stop that, won't you?" I face palmed myself.

"But, you like it." He smiles a little.

"Maybe you should say, Natasha likes it." I raise my eyebrows.

"Did I smell someone's jealousy here?" Now, he's crossing his arm which makes his biceps look larger.

"Whatever, Ryan. I never said that though. And I think you should take a shower now. Bye." I wave him goodbye and walk past him.

"Bye." I hear his voice and I just raise my hand.

When I arrive at the parking lot, I see that Harley has a really tight face. Did I take too much time?

"What was taking you so long?" She says with her tight face.

"I need to queue up to use the toilet. I don't know why there are so many people needed to go there." I try to lie and she seems to accept that excuse.

Luckily, she believes me.