Chapter 3 ❤️ Not today ❤️

I pull my hoodie's sleeves to cover my hands because it is really cold. I can see some smoke while I'm breathing.

"You're cold?" I hear Ryan's voice.

"Yeah, a little bit. But I'm okay." I'm always okay since I forgot about him.

"So, you didn't answer my question yet." He takes a look at me. I know it feels awkward so I decided to take a seat at the nearest bench at the park.

"About that... To be honest, of course I didn't forgot about you for a while. But I need to accept the reality. So, here we are. I'm here and I still remember you."

"You know what? I thought you will forget about me because we were 6 years old when I left without... Goodbye. And I'm actually impress even though it's not in the first glance. I bet you have many things to ask me?" His eyes look shiny under the moonlight. I can't even look at him without blushing. Just what's wrong with me?

Of course I want to shoot him with many questions. Why you left without saying anything? What happened then? Why didn't you come to me before you go? Why didn't you contact me at all? Are you having a hard time? But all I could say is,

"How have you been? I'm just wondering." Stupid question. Of course he is fine.

"Haha." Even his short laugh sounds nice. Stop it Abby.

"As you can see. I'm fine. I went to New Jersey, met new friends, got into school there. New surroundings. New life. Especially without my father. It's actually a little hard. But I survived. And now, I'm back here." He smiles while watching at the stars.

"As this is our official meeting after a long time, I'll be nice to you. I'm sorry about your father. But, may I ask you a question?" This one must be serious.

"You already did."

"Okay, two questions?"

"That's the second question."

"Fine, four questions?"

"You have asked the fourth question."

"When?"

"Right now."

I punch him on the shoulder while he's laughing at his own joke.

"That's not funny. I'm serious." I put an angry face.

"Okay, okay. If I can answer it. I'll answer." He looks at my eyes again.

"Why did you left?"

He doesn't say anything and just look at me. He smiles. This time, I'm looking at his eyes too.

"Not today. I'm not answering that question today." He pulls my hoodie cap to cover up my face. I know my hair will be a mess.

He gets up and takes a look at his watch.

"Let's go. It's already 11.30 pm. This Cinderella needs to be home before midnight."

Frustrated, I get up and storm my foot to walk before him. I'm mad because he turns my hair into a mess and because he's not answering my question.

I fix my own hair with my hand. I turn back to him and say, "Don't you dare to mess-"

"With your hair again. I know. You've been using the same sentence twelve years ago. In the Cinderella dress."
He stops right in front of me and uses his hands to fix my hair again. His hands are touching my hair. But this time they are bigger.

And I remember. That is the first time he touches me after twelve years.

•••••

"Okay, I dont actually get it. So, you guys were bestfriends. Then, he left without saying anything and you never contact him. And now, he's here. In Massissipi. He went to your house and acted like nothing happened?" Harley said while trying to connect all the puzzles she has in mind after hearing my stories.

"You made that 'acted like nothing happened'. I didn't say that. But, other than that, it's true." I chew up my sandwich because I'm super hungry.

"What a cliché love story." Harley claps her hands. And I immediately stop her because I dont want to catch anyone attention.

"Harley! It's not a love story. It's a childhood story that you can use as a bedtime story to make your grandchildren sleep. I'm just telling you since you are my best friend." I whisper to her. And I don't even know why I'm whispering.

"What do you mean it's not a love story? Don't you remember why you never have a boyfriend? You said that you never trust in boys since you were six years old. You rejected all boys that tried to be your boyfriend because of that trust issue. And now, he's back. With the trust that you put in him. Don't you think this is fate?"

Harley always knows what to say. And I'm speechless. I don't know what to say.

"I.. I don't think this is fate. He's moving here because he's following his mother. So, it is logical." What a stupid answer, Abigail.

"Seriously, Abby? I don't know that you will be this slow. But what is more important, look at there." She points her head behind me and I turn to see what is it.

"He's already famous for his look, girl. He even has lunch with Adam and his members."

From my seat, I can see Ryan is eating with Adam, Alex, William, Sean and Ben. That is wow. Adam and the gang are really popular with their looks and skill in basketball. Sounds like High School Musical, right? But I'm not really into them although William once asked me to a date but I refused. People think I'm an idiot to turn that offer down. But I don't easily trust boys especially the famous one. They usually are playboy. Typical.

I turn to Harley again with wide eyes. With wide mouth but I cover it with my hand.

"I heard that, Adam asks him himself to join the basketball team during the history class. Isn't that amazing?" Harley says excitedly.

"That is awesome. But I'm not really interested you know." I reply with an immediate boring face.

"Even though you're not interested, you already are his friend. And all the girls will be jealous of you. Especially, Natasha. She already started her clingy attitude right now." Harley makes a disgusted face and I also turn my head to look.

There is Natasha. Trying to show her sexiness in front of Ryan. But it's not that he cares about her presence there. Maybe Sean is the only one who tries to take care of her feeling.

"It's not like we like her before." I roll eyes.

Bimbo.