Chapter 15 ❤️ Not again ❤️

We go out to the garden behind his house. It is beautiful. There are a lot of flowers there from the familiar one to the one I never seen.

I walk to a flower pot which white roses, my favourite. It's still blooming because the spring has just come.

"My mother plants them. She loves flower as you know." I look at Ryan and after hearing his statement I remeber that one time, Ryan came to my house crying because he accidentally picked an orchid and he afraid that Aunt Susan will be mad.

I laugh a little after remembering that. "Yes, especially the crying Ryan."

"I'm only five at that time, okay?" He laugh and I swear his laugh is admirable. Wait, what's wrong with me?

"So, what do you want to talk about?" I walk to a bench and and sit crossing my legs.

Ryan sits next to me and looks at his hands. " I talked to Natasha."

"What? Why? I told you this is my problem, right? You shouldn't do that because I can deal with her myself." I frown and I don't know why I feel mad about that. He's trying to help me.

"Abby, I'm doing it because I wanted to. You think you are strong but I've seen you so fragile and you think I'll let that?" He takes my hand.

"Of course, you did before." Shoot. I shouldn't make things worse by bringing up the past.

"Okay, look. Natasha won't stop if I don't make things clear. We all know that she's just trying to play, right? I'm not into her games though. That's why I talked to her." I see concerns in his eyes and I don't like to be concerned.

"What did you say to her?" I keep a straight face and try to hold myself from exploding again.

"That I'm not interested in her and... To leave you alone. That's all." I look at his eyes and I don't know why something makes me feel my shoulders lighter. I feel relieved.

When I don't give a respond, he continues. "Okay, I'm sorry if you are mad about this. I promise I won't do it again before asking for your permission. I just want you to know that I care and I'm trying to help you. If you-"

Before he can finishes his sentence, I hug him. I wrapped my hands around his neck and whisper "Thank you." He doesn't reply and I feel that he still shocked and stiff from what I'm doing. So, I decide to let go.

Just when I try to pull away, he grabs my waist and hugs me back. "You are not mad?" He says.

"A little bit. It's just that I always try to be independent." Then, I pull away first.

"But, I appreciate that." I continue.

"That talk or that hug?" He smirks.

"Ryan! Can you stop that?" I hit his shoulder which is actually rock hard. And we laugh.

Both. I appreciate both. The talk and the hugs. Not hug, but hugs.

•••••

"Allan, I'm hungry. I want to eat." I say while holding my stomach.

Allan who is watching football match, looks at me.

"Abby, it's already 1 am. Why are you still up?" Allan looks at me. We have a big age gap which is 9 years because my parents get married at such a young age.

"Because I'm hungry. I knocked mom's door but she's already sleeping."

"Okay, what do you want to eat? I'll buy it." He holds my hand and asks me.