Chapter 7 ❤️ Not gonna happen ❤️

"So you guys have a date?! Ahhhhhhh!" I can hear Harley's scream and I put the phone a little far from my ear until she finishes.

"It's not a date. I'm just helping him. That's why I was going out with him."

"That help, means date. You can't see that? He's trying to seduce you. Woooooo~" She's still excited I see.

"Euw, seduce me? Oh my god. I can't believe you use that word. No, Harley. I'm helping him as a friend." This is why I actually didn't want to tell her. But she's my best friend so she needs to know.

"You never go out with boys, remember?"

"I did. With Charles."

"That's because your car had a problem and he offered you a lift to home. That's not going out, A." She still defends herself which I can't argue.

"Whatever you think, Harley. Oh, and I met him at the park this morning. We went jogging together." I hear she screams again. I regret telling her that part.

"You never use the word 'together' with boys except your chemistry project. I know it. He likes you and you like him, right?"

"What? No! We just met like 6 days ago. Including today, it's a week. You think I like him already?" What an insane thinking this girl has.

"No. You met him since you were 3. You guys were bestfriends. It's just that something happened and you can't tell him your feeling and he can't tell you his."

"Nonsense, Prof. Harley. That doesn't make sense. Can we just stop talking about this because I'm getting nauseous thinking about your theory." I need to stop before she go far ahead.

"So, you still have training these weekends?" I change the topic quickly.

"Yeah, the theatre is on Tuesday and we don't have much time left so we need to do our best. Don't forget to buy the ticket and come okay? I'll hate you forever if you don't come." She makes a sulking voice.

"Of course I'll go. I never miss your theatre, remember?"

"Okay, good. Abby, I need to go now. We need to continue with the training. So bye!"

"Bye." I end the call and continue to watch the show on the television.

•••••

"Abby!" I can hear Harley's voice from miles away.

"Can't you keep your voice down?" I whisper to Harley as soon as I hold her hand.

"Hihi. So, any news?" She asks me.

"What news?" We talk while walking to our lockers.

"About Ryan?"

"How can I know what happened to him?"

"I mean, you and him? He didn't confess to you yet?" She smirks while clinging at my hand.

"What are you talking about? Harley, he doesn't like me. What makes you think he likes me?" I roll my eyes while shaking my head.

"No! I'm really confident that he likes you. Especially after what you told me." This is why I didn't want to tell her. She always jumps into her own conclusions.

"No, Harley. Not gonna happen. You wish." Then, we reach our lockers and take any books needed for our first classes.

Harley, Harley. I can't believe she will think like that.

•••••

"Good morning." I lift my head from my phone to be greeted by Ryan's face beside me.

"Good morning, you're early again." I reply him with a smile.

"Yes, I don't want my seat to be taken." He takes out his books and writes something in his notebook.

"This is your seat? Nobody wants to sit beside me either. Don't worry." I just let out a chuckle.

I see him takes out his spectacles.

"So, you have farsightedness?" I ask him.

"Something like that."

"What do you mean 'something like that'?"

"I only wears them during class or when using computer or laptop." He explains.

"Oh, I see."

And our other classmates start to fill up the class. So I decided to keep my phone away because Mrs Hansen will be here in anytime soon.

"Do you mind if I join you for lunch?" Suddenly, Ryan asks me.

"Lunch? With me and Harley? Are you serious?"

"Just because."

"And why don't you eat with Adam and the gang?" I raise my eyebrows.

"I thought I have told you that I'm not joining the gang. Now, you will let me or not?" Oh, why I even ask that question?

"Okay, sure."

•••••

Harley doesn't say anything since we started eating. It must be because Ryan is in the same table as us. I can't eat in this silence.

"Harley, why you didn't say anything. You always talk a lot." I hit her with my elbow and whisper.

"Why is he eating with us?" She whispers back.

"He wants to so I just said yes."

"I can hear you, you know?" Ryan suddenly stops eating.

"Sorry. Harley is shy with you." With that, Harley hit me with her elbow.

"No, I'm just not..." She trails her words and don't know what to say.

"It's okay." Ryan convinces her.

"Harley, right? You have been friends with Abby since?" He asks Harley to break the awkwardness.

"Oh, since middle school. We used to be in the same class for 3 years. So, I'm her bestfriend until now." That's the longest she has said so far.

"Best friend. I'm glad you find one." He looks at me.

"Er. Emm. Yes, of course. Live needs to move on." I don't know what to answer. And I just look at my food while talking.

Then, he just nods and continue to eat. We eat and talk until the bell rings even though it still awkward but at least we try. Harley seems to be comfortable a little bit

And I just hope that Harley will not bring up the question she just asked me this morning. It will be more embarrassed to handle.