Chapter 26 - The Reason Behind All This

-Sunday August 30th, 2037, 8 pm, Clear-

The summer had been suspiciously calm since that night back in July. For safety reasons, the boys have been staying at the Aishis' house for a lot longer than planned. Info White and Info Red didn't mind though. It just made talking to Ryukon about plans a lot easier. Info White and Ryukon were sitting together on the couch, watching the news and eating out of a candy bowl.

A turf war between rivaling gangs had just sprung up in a nearby neighborhood. Ryukon was trying to calm his nerves after calling Kane on the phone.

"Ryu..." Info White started, "...you have a new motive, don't you..."

Ryukon glanced at her, "what do you mean? It's still for Keito..."

"Well yes, but I mean that it now extends past Keito..." Info white said, "Blue told me that you had a plan to wipe out all the gangs in general... Am I wrong?"

Ryukon sank back into the couch, "I want the Yakuza and the SSEG gone... I don't want our kids to be brought into this just because I was involved with Keito..."

Info White took a moment to observe the bags under Ryukon's eyes. She giggled in silence. Ryukon glared at her.

"I know it sounds unrealistic..."

Info White took a piece of chocolate from the bowl, "Ryu... I get that you have hopes, but to eradicate the Yakuza?... Do you know how many people you'll have to go through? Not even the police can get rid of them. What's harder than getting rid of a gang is a rich gang... A Mafia pretty much..." Info White crumbled the wrapper, "you might just have to relocate like Kaori did..."

Ryukon stared at the tv. He had no appetite for the candy.

"The SSEG? Perhaps... You've pretty much brought it to its last legs, and the Saikou Corp has no plans to rescue it... but the Yakuza is a bit bold... They're not as strong as they used to be, but they're still an issue... Especially in people's private lives..." she looked over to see if he was paying attention. Ryukon gave her a slight turn of the head from the tv. Keito listened from the stairs.

"....I want to go to her house..."

Info White was puzzled by the request, "Ruri's?"

"Kane's," Ryukon said, "I want to speak with her in person instead of over the phone... At some point I don't know how much I can lie to the police... The same officer saw me twice... Eventually, my cries won't work..."

Info White just grinned from Ryukon admitting to it. She was also impressed at his bravery for calling her. She didn't advise it, but she had learned not to question his motives, "I guess you'll have to get creative then. When do you plan to go?"

"Today..." he said. Keito's eyes widened. He instinctively shook his head, but restricted himself from saying "no" out in the open. Info White turned the tv off with the remote and got off the couch.

"I'll get the ride ready. You just get what you need..."

He nodded and stood up to get dressed. Keito ran back upstairs.

Info White looked behind her, "also... I know part of this is also to get back at Eri too... She's really been driving your nerves, huh?"

She giggled and headed to the front door.

_____________________________________________________________

9 pm, Light Rain-

Ryukon stared at his reflection in the rearview mirror. Info White and Info Red sat next to him in the back seat. They both were wearing their maneki neko masks. Info Red looked at the raindrops racing down the window.