Chapter 12 - The Glamorous Freelancer

-12:45 am-

Keito had Ryukon fully embraced in his arms on the couch. Ryukon was resting against Keito's chest, being under the neon pink lights' spell. Keito directed Ryukon's face toward his with a hand and booped his nose with his. Keito was sweating a bit from Ryukon's heat, but didn't want Ryukon to move regardless. Ryukon couldn't budge from Keito's chest either. Kaori was shaking money around in her hands with a few other club attendees when she saw Keito snuggling with Ryukon. She released her stacks of money and huffed.

Keito pressed his face into Ryukon's neck, which made a giggle escape him. A pack of gum smacking him in the face shook Keito up. His eyes shot open.

Kaori stood with both hands on her hips, "Keito, what the?!-"

"Shouldn't you be out selling stuff??"

"A friend huh?" Kaori crossed her arms.

"Listen, I'm not dating you, so why are you worried?..." Keito asked.

"I'm the most powerful descendant in the group now..." Kaori responded, "remember? Tameko died..."

Ryukon looked away. Keito groaned and let go of Ryukon. Kaori just snickered and snatched her gum off of Ryukon's lap where it landed.

"Ugh... He's not even in the group.. Unless you're trying to get him in it."

"Hell no I'm not bringing him into this mess... You don't even want to be in this mess..." Keito said.

Kaori snarled at him, then sighed from the truth, "pfft, no one wants to be in this mess, but until I'm able to get SSSTACKS of cash, I'm not going anywhere..."

Ryukon remembered what White told him, "what do you need the money for?"

"She wants to start making her own makeup..." Keito said with an eye roll.

Kaori rolled her eyes back at Keito, then checked on Ryukon. She modeled the make-up she was already wearing, which oddly enough wasn't that bad, but not great. Her lips were a piercing red, enough to seem neon under the pink lights, but her eye makeup was fine. Ryukon had an idea.

"It's true..." Kaori said, "not only do I want to create my own makeup brand, but I'm also trying to make it to France~ If there's anywhere that likes the finer things of life, it's definitely there~ Or maybe America. They'll buy anything!"

Ryukon tilted his head to the side, "hmm... Maybe I can help you make a lot of money? At least enough to get your first palette?" Ryukon offered.

Keito and his friend both shook their heads no.

"Nnnnaaaah you're not getting involved with that..." Keito said, "now THAT'S a true risk..."

"No really, I can help with that," Ryukon said, "perhaps I can help you get your funding for your lawyers, registering, domain, etc."

Kaori just looked at him, then hugged herself tighter, "well, I know what to do... It's just how to leave..." she said, "It's not about really funding my company as of now... It's a bribe that I need... Bail money... I need to literally pay my way out of this group..."

"How much do you need?" Ryukon asked.

"Ryu-"

"About 5.2 million yen..." Kaori murmured. One million yen was close to $50,000 USD. Ryukon took a moment to think about his game plan. He really didn't want to speak to that Yakuza man. He then thought about Eri.

"I think I can get you that money as long as you don't need it immediately," Ryukon said.

Kaori looked at him as if he were her miracle.

"R-really?!"

He nodded. The boys just looked at him. She twisted her ponytail

"Well, I mean... If you can do it, then by all means, message Keito about it for me..." Kaori said, looking away. She suddenly seems a lot nicer now. Ryukon nodded and leaned against Keito again.

"And... we were in the middle of something..." Ryukon said rather calmly. Kaori agreed to back off, holding both hands up to her sides and walking back to the dance floor. Ryukon smiled and finally kissed Keito's jaw. Keito's eyelids lowered. He hugged onto Ryukon again and lifted his head. He then met his lips briefly and rested his forehead against Ryukon's. They both shared a chuckle.

____________________________________________________________________________

-5:45 am, Clear-

The early morning sunrise told the group driving home that they were out too long. Ryukon had faint marks all over his neck. He had a dazed look in his eyes. He was so sleepy that he wasn't sure if his body was trying to wake up from a dream, or fall into one. He was lying against Keito, who was nearly knocked out himself. Keito had similar red marks all over his neck.

The car eventually stopped by Ryukon's house. Ryukon stretched and looked at Keito. He tapped Keito's forehead. Keito woke up and caught that the sky was turning blue again.

"....Sorry we didn't get back earlier... I know it's Monday..." Keito yawned afterward.

Ryukon just moved his head side to side. Keito chuckled and got out of the car. He went over to Ryukon's side and opened the door for him. Kaori giggled, seeing how much of a gentleman Keito was being. He walked Ryukon over to his back door through the kitchen and looked to see if anyone was present. No one was there. Ryukon hugged onto Keito, tired. He had buried his face in his shirt, warming up. Keito held onto him for a little bit and sighed.

"I'll see you in class, okay?" Keito said. He then met Ryukon's lips, hugging him tightly.

Ryukon was holding onto Keito's jacket, kissing him as if they were together for years. When they parted, Ryukon's hands were still clinging to Keito's jacket. His eyes begged Keito not to leave. Keito nodded his head, sending a green spark toward the kitchen door. His eyes apologized back to Ryukon's.

Ryukon got the message and walked through the door. He slid it shut and watched Keito leave. When the car drove off, Ryukon slowly fell to his knees. He started tearing up, which then led to sniffling.