Chapter 21 - Saikou Breach Pt 2

Ryukon paused in place. He didn't even hear the assistant walk back in.

"Drop. Everything..." the assistant said.

Ryukon did as told and dropped his bag. The assistant pulled Ryukon up from the floor and onto his feet.

"Who do you work for?"

"The Saikou Corp..."

"Then why are you stealing files?..." he asked.

"That's why I came here to speak to the head about..." Ryukon said, "he told me that he wouldn't be here on time for my arrival, so he allowed me to stop by and pick them up anyway..."

He looked at Ryukon suspiciously, "and why didn't you call ahead of time?"

"There... might be an issue with my work phone..." Ryukon said, "s-sorry..."

The assistant looked at him and let him go. Ryukon grabbed his bag off the floor and headed to the door. The assistant pointed his gun and shot at it. Ryukon took a deep breath and blew a blaze that engulfed the couch. He then darted to the elevator. The assistant immediately went to the overhead mic.

"Attention everyone, we have an emergency breach. Please lock all doors until the perpetrator is caught. I repeat, there's been a breach. There's a traitor..." he went over to the window and broke the glass protecting the fire extinguisher. He ran over to the couch, hoping that the white cloud could put out the fire.

Ryukon made it into the elevator and looked to see if anyone was chasing him. The doors closed and he relaxed his shoulders. He looked up and watched the numbers descend to the first floor. He looked around the elevator while a smile crept onto his face. He twitched his eyebrow, trying to fight the little sparks of thrill. As the elevator doors opened, the security gates on the door made their way down, locking them all in. Ryukon walked over to the desk and looked around.

"What's going on?" Ryukon asked Ameko. Ameko was shaking. She didn't fear much, but one thing she did fear was jail. The alarm was blaring, which caused a few younger visitors to cover their ears. Ryukon gave the woman a frown and pulled on his sleeves. The woman at the desk began to sweat, rather embarrassed for their impression. She slowly resorted to a bow.

"I'm so terribly sorry for this inconvenience..." the woman said, "I'm also afraid to tell you that your radio's model is actually a decade old, and hence we cannot accept your warranty... I again apologize..." she said bowing.

"O-Oh it's fine... Are we at least allowed to leave?..." Ameko asked, hopefully.

The woman looked at a guard, "you'll have to be escorted out by security..." the two bowed and the officer guided them out of the building via an emergency exit.

"Sorry for that little shake up. We know you didn't do anything though since you were pretty much right in front of the lady at the desk," the officer said.

"What even happened?" Ryukon asked, "a breach?"

"It's something on the third floor... Don't worry about it too much. You kids just get home."

The two nodded and bowed, "thank you, officer," they looked over to see if the car was still there. Blue, Kaori, and Keito were sitting there, watching the whole time. Kaori rolled down the window, smelling smoke and saw that the third floor was producing black smoke like a chimney. Keito saw them approaching the car and unlocked the doors. Ryukon sat in the front seat while Ameko sat in the back. The group looked at him, especially Kaori.

"Well?" Kaori asked.

Ryukon looked into the rear view mirror, "I need to be dropped off at the Aishi house,"