Chapter 22 - Ruri Comes Through

-Wednesday July 22nd 2037, 11 am, Clear-

It's been almost three months since Info White messaged Ryukon about anything mission related. The Saikou Corp had been under serious surveillance since the breach. More than they've ever had before. Ryukon was looking at photos of Kaori's prototype designs for her makeup pallet. The others in the group were impressed that she was actually able to get her dream going. The pallet being shaped like a gun was questionable, but it was also on brand for her. The idea fell flat in France, but was a hit in the U.S.

Keito was softly snoring in Ryukon's bed. Ryukon stood up from the floor and walked downstairs to the kitchen. He then stopped at the sound of zippers. He looked into his parents' room and saw them packing their bags.

Ryukon opened the door a little more, "hey, where are you guys going?"

"Oh, we're heading to America for the summer," Taro said, "the Aishi's invited us to go on a trip. It's almost like a summer long double date. We'll be back in September and we left you guys a lot of money. Will you be able to handle yourself and your brothers?"

Budo was just sweating, looking at Ryukon. Keito being in the house alone with him just spelled 'inevitable' in the air.

Ryukon nodded, "yeah, I'm sure we'll manage..."

"Good," Taro smiled, "now... I'm leaving my Yanslayer up on the wall for you just in case you need it. Do not lose that katana..."

Ryukon nodded again.

"You're the oldest, so also make sure your brothers don't get hurt..." Taro said.

"I know, I know..." Ryukon said. He turned around and looked at his brothers, nearly shaking out of their vertebras that they'll have the house to themselves the whole summer. Keito cracked the door open and looked at Ryukon. Ryukon smiled and walked over to hug around his neck. He kissed his cheek as a good morning.

______

After an hour, a car horn sounded off outside. Budo and Taro were carrying their bags out of their room and down the stairs.

"Alright everyone, don't go broke while we're gone..." Budo half-joked, "we'll be back in September... Seriously, be good..." he looked at Keito specifically, "you know the number for emergencies... Uh, if a robber comes in, I guess follow your Ma's advice..."

"Take care, and don't have this house a mess when we come back," Taro said. Their sons gave a collective nod in agreement. Budo and Taro smiled and headed out of the house. Ryukon and Keito went up to the living room window and watched the two place their bags in the trunk of the Aishis' limo. They then got in and rode off. Just like that, Ryukon was in charge of the house. He got a text shortly afterward.

"Sorry for the long break, but it's for good reason," Info White said, "I'll message you again when it's confirmed that our families are on their way to America."

Ryukon got a few jitters from being left on his own. This was a perfect time to get his tasks done. Keito caught him grinning and took a step closer.

"...Interesting~" Keito said. He hugged around Ryukon, "very interesting~"

Ryukon chuckled softly, "you better not invite all your friends over everyday..."

"Nono, I'm not gonna do that... buuut this means that we can go out a lot more~"

Ryukon pressed his forehead against Keito's, "honestly... I feel like we're gonna stay in more..."

They exchanged a look for a few seconds, then gave the other a kiss. Tenzen shook his head at Ryukon already breaking the rules. He then looked at the flour he had spilled on the kitchen counter.