Chapter 25 - Potential

-10:30 pm, Clear-

The police arrived at the Aishi house. Info Red peeked through the blinds, noticing the red and blue flickering. They boys got out and grabbed their stuff from the trunks.

"Thank you so much, officer!" Tenzen said with a bow.

"You boys stay safe..." the officer said. The cops soon drove off into the night. A window on the second floor of the house lit up white. Blue just looked at Ryukon, dumbfounded.

"...Keito...."

"A-...Alright... I get it..." Keito started, "I 100 percent understand why you all think he should join..."

"that cop completely bent over for him! Ryukon, how do you do that? And you did it twice now??" Blue asked.

"People think that because I'm rather soft looking, I can't possibly do any harm..." Ryukon said, "I used to try to prove them wrong, but being underestimated is actually very useful in many situations..."

Ryukon felt a cold spot on his neck and wiped it with his sleeve. It was blood.

Ryukon continued, "people think I'm just a shy gay boy that only knows dress up... While I do love to dress up, that doesn't mean there isn't a blade in my kimono sleeves... That's all I can tell you..."

He walked to the front door with a little confidence. Blue glanced at Keito twice. He had no comment. Like Ryukon said, that was all he could tell him. Info White opened the door.

"Hello, Ryu," Info White said, "I saw what happened on the news. Are you trying to get into entertainment now? You probably could make it into the spotlight~"

Ryukon chuckled, "look, I'm tired and my brothers, especially Tenzen, are scared out of their minds right now..."

"I'll need all of your phones. I need to place new security measures on them..."

_____________________________________________________________

-Friday August 7th 2037, 10 am, Partly Cloudy-

The group had stayed at the Aishi household for about two weeks. Keito opened his eyelids to a bright morning. For once, he made a habit out of smiling at the sun. He moved his left arm and felt Ryukon sleeping next to him. He kissed his forehead and stared off at a wall.

His mom's face popped up into his mind all of a sudden. He hadn't seen his parents in almost a month. He picked up his phone and called his mom. She picked up on the second ring, which was unusual. She never responded until at least the fourth ring...

"Idiot!" Osoro said, "where are you!? Are you in the hospital!? What happened!?"

"...Mom..." Keito mumbled, "I really found a good one..." he chuckled to himself, "I know mother was a risk for you... and you told me not to take that risk... but I took it anyway... and I don't regret anything... Then again, I won't try to speak too soon..." he briefly paused, "point is, I love him... He really is my rock..."

Osoro went silent on the other side, then huffed, "Keito... I told you not to mess with Ryukon..."

"Mom, I swear, he's tough..." Keito said. Ryukon opened his eyes from hearing Keito's voice.

"He looks too soft... He acts too soft-"

"What about mother then?" he interrupted, "why did they let her in?"

"Look, they accepted her because she could fight well with cooking utensils and she can cook a mean meal... Two things we really need right now..." Osoro said. Amai poked her nose with a spoon.

"Alright, so can Ryukon," Keito said, "besides, he's really been saving me from a ton lately... Look, you will just have to see, but I'm chilling at a friends house right now thanks to him... A nice mini mansion I might add..."

Osoro paused, then sighed, "...fine, but if you lose him, that's on you..."

"Got it..." they both hung up. Ryukon sat up and stretched. He stood up and headed out of the room, rubbing an eye. Keito's morning only got better seeing that red koi kimono robe. Ryukon looked around as he headed down the stairs and saw a note on the fridge.

"Ryukon, me and Info Red are going to go pay someone a visit in the hospital. Go into my room and look at the file I laid out for you. It's on the girl that Ruri is associated with. Let's just say that a new friend of yours sold her out. Destroy this note as soon as you're done with it. You already know who wrote this..."

Ryukon nodded and took the white sticky-note off the fridge. He burned the note in his hands and tried to remember where her room was. He leaped up the stairs to Info Whites room and entered it. He squinted from the neon white lights outlining a rather pitch black room. The room looked as if it was in code.

"How do you sleep in here?..." he looked for a file and saw it right by the computer. He sat down at the computer and opened the girl's makeshift file. It didn't have everything on her, but there was enough to take action.

"Kane Himitsu..."

While it was morning in Japan, it was 9 pm on the East Coast of America. Budo took out his phone to call Ryukon. Ryukon saw his father's name and picked up.

"Hey, dad."

"Hey Ryu," Budo said, "how's everything going over there?"

Ryukon continued reading, "oh everything's been fine. For the most part we either stayed home or went out and about. I'm at the Aishi's house to hang out for a while."

"Ah, that's good... It's better to stick together while we're gone..." Budo said.

Ryokan scratched his head, "I agree..."

_____________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, Info White and Info Red went to Buraza Hospital. Ruri was resting in her hospital bed. She was staring at the bandages on her arm. She eyed the door when the twins walked in. Info White had on a white maneki neko cat mask while Info Red had on a black one. They also wore realistic brown wigs that curled at the ends in opposite directions.

"Hi~" Info White started, "we've come to give you rather important information..."

"What the-"

"Don't bother to call for help. We're not here to harm you... We're actually here to give you advice."

Ruri gritted her teeth. She internally begged for a nurse to show up at random. She tried to get their eye colors, but there were black lenses over the masks' eyes.

Info White walked closer to the bed, "you really messed with the wrong person that night... and I think your Yakuza friends agree... This person is very determined to get you to leave Keito alone... Is it really worth losing your life over a petty disagreement that happened nearly two decades ago?"

"So he was there!" Ruri said, "who is he?"

"I won't drop names, but it's easy for you to get out of this mess. Just leave Keito alone..."

"Keito has no interest in fighting with you anymore..." Info Red said, "he would prefer to move on with his life... He's found new meaning, and he suggests that your family does the same... It's not worth it..."

Ruri would cross her arms if she could, "I'm taking him out... As soon as I get out of this hospital, he's gonna get it..."

Both girls slowly turned their heads toward the other.

"Suit yourself..." they both said and exited the room. Info White then peaked back in one last time.

"But seriously... This guy isn't backing down... He nearly wiped out half your team that you sent yesterday. He and Keito are alive. He barely suffered a scratch..." Info White closed the door behind her. Ruri's heart monitor sped up in beeps.