Chapter 24 - A Run in With The Yakuza

-9:55 pm, Clear-

They were all currently on the road tonight in a Honda with Red driving. Blue was in the passenger seat, and everyone else was in the back seats. Tenzen glared at Ryukon.

"What. Is. Going. ON?..." Tenzen asked.

Ryukon facepalmed at himself, "...there's a gang after us... Well, me and Keito..."

Tenzen narrowed his eyes, "...okay who... Who SPECIFICALLY is after us?... Because if it's the Big Bad Y, I. AM. TELLING. ON. YOU... I don't care if I'm 15! I want to live!"

Keito kept checking the rear view mirror to see if anyone was following them. Ryukon was squeezing his hands tight.

"...Um... It's... debatably the Big Bad Y..."

Blue deadpanned, "...It's the Big Bad Y..."

"RYUKON! NO!"

"Tenzen look... this is for good reason," Ryukon said, "yes, this did start off as me liking Keito, but now this could help stop the gang-"

"Whoa whoa whoa," Blue said, holding up a hand, "you're not stopping any gangs. You're just trying to get Keito out of this one... Don't do more than what's needed..."

"And what if they come back to take me and Keito's kids?" Ryukon asked, "I want them out of the picture in general!"

"You can't just erase a-"

Everyone stopped when a few pops echoed in the night. The boys looked into the rearview mirror and saw two cars following them. Tenzen whined from such bad luck.

"Hey... have you guys ever thought about using cars that weren't company branded?..." Tsukitei asked.

The boys didn't answer because he was right. A bullet then hit the left side view mirror. Red floored it and sped down the highway. The other cars picked up, rolling their windows and sunroofs down. They loaded their guns and sent dozens of bullets toward the car.

Tenzen ducked down from hearing the zipping bullets. Ryukon checked on Keito, who was nearly hyperventilating. Keito would normally be somewhat okay in this situation, but the fact that Ryukon was here sent him into a panic. Ryukon remembered that Keito had Ruri's gun and reached for his pocket. Keito knew what he was doing and grabbed his hand tightly.

"Ryukon, no!" Keito said.

Red and Blue took out their guns and rolled down their windows. They aimed at the cars as best as they could and began to fire back. They aimed for the wheels to slow them down. Other cars on the road began to swerve and pull over to avoid stray bullets. Red continued to fire until one of the bullets from the opposing car went straight through his neck. He grabbed his neck and began to choke.

"Shit!" Blue went and unbuckled his and Red's seatbelts. While he attempted to switch seats with Red so that he could drive, Ryukon eyed his gun. Only flaw was that he didn't know how to use one. He stopped to think. He looked through the one-way rear window and saw the two cars.

They didn't have the familiar Saikou symbol on it. In fact they had subtle dragon patterns on them. Ryukon looked into his bag for something that he could use and found his throwing stars. He questioned their ability to work.

Keito finally rolled down his window and started sending bullets toward the driver's seat of one of the cars. Their front view was littered with holes. The car began to swerve similarly to the SSEG's. Ryukon instinctively pulled Keito's head back into the car. A bullet swooped by, nearly getting Keito's head. However, it did nick his ear a little.