Kanaya Maryam

"I pick... Kanaya!" You decide, grabbing her hand, "It'll be fun, and you can protect me."

Rose smiled, "Good choice, have fun you two."

The others paired off as well and once everyone was ready, Jade took the lead, "Alright, let's go now."

The group took a moment to gather up their things and headed over to where the haunted house was mostly set up. Once you arrived, Jade stepped forward once again to give a few reminders.

"We'll need a little moment to prepare," she said, "You'll know when you can come in. Stay in your pairs, everyone. And most importantly, have fun. See you later."

A few people broke away from the group and followed her inside to prepare. You smiled at Kanaya, "Are you excited?"

Kanaya nodded with a gentle smile. "While this isn't usually my thing, I'll be glad to keep you company," she declared and you blushed.

"Thanks Kanaya, I hope I'll be able to make it fun for you."

Just then, the sound of a bell rang out from inside the house and the door creaked open all on its own. The experience was about to begin.

At your request, you and Kanaya waited for everyone else to go through part way first so that the two of you would be uninterrupted as you went through. You shiver as you cross into the house.

Haunting violin music floated through the air, dim lighting flickered as you walked and clever use of fog and spotlights made the air seem to almost glow. You stuck close to Kanaya who's softly glowing skin made the room feel much safer.

"The ambiance is, impressive," you murmur.

Kanaya nods in agreement, "I do believe Rose was the one working on it so I'm not surprised."

The two of you continued into the next room where ominous green slime covered the walls. You inched closer to Kanaya, staying far away from the slime. "Do you think this is John's room?" You ask, "A ghost buster isn't that scary."

"I'm not sure," Kanaya said, leaving your side to take a closer look at the slime.

You hurry to follow her but when you turn around, you can't help but let out a scream as a ghost swooped towards you. The ghost stops in front of you and you slip over to Kanaya's side.

With a laugh, he pulls the sheet off his head, revealing John's smiling face. "A ghost buster isn't that scary," he agreed, "Which is why I switched to the ghost's side instead."

"Scared on the first room," you groan with a smile as Kanaya puts her arm reassuringly around your waist.

"Well, one room down, two more to go," John said, putting the sheet back over his head. "Good luck!"

He ran off while you and Kanaya continued onwards to the next room. You felt yourself relaxing slightly as you saw how the room was decorated like a child's bedroom. That is, before you started noticing how the wall paper peeled and the toys that lay scattered about were all broken and the furniture in disrepair.

You grabbed Kanaya's hand nervously as the two of you made your way across the room. Suddenly, you heard a scraping sound behind you and you whirled around but saw nothing out of the ordinary. Except, did those toys move?

"It's nothing, my dear," Kanaya said calmingly. You continued but a scraping sound made you turn around again.

"Those toys definitely moved," you said nervously. The words had hardly left your mouth when the toys stirred and crawled towards you, reaching for your feet. You realized that they weren't toys after all, but fiduspawn creatures.

A tap on your shoulder made you spin around with a shriek and you found Tavros leaning over you. "Boo," he said with a grin.

"Wow, that was really cool Tavros," you pant ,"I was definitely scared."

Kanaya smiled and leaned down to pet one of the creatures which, now that it was no longer acting, actually seemed quite cute. "A good use of your powers," she praised him.

"Thanks, you two," Tavros said, "Uhh, two rooms down, one more to go."

The two of you continued onwards into the final room that had been set up like a forest. The trees pressed in on you on either side. Kanaya took your hand and led the way forward, illuminating the way with her soft glow.

A howl rang through the trees and you squeezed your eyes shut as something landed in front of you. You yelped and opened your eyes just a sliver to see Jade crouching before you, dressed as an eerily realistic werewolf.

She grinned at you, revealing rows of sharp teeth. "Did I get you?"

You smiled shakily, "Definitely."

Kanaya smiled and gave Jade a pat on the head, "An excellent costume and scare." 

Jade nodded, "Congratulations on completing every room!" she said excitedly and let Kanaya lead you through the last few steps of the room.

The two of you went through the final door and emerged on the other side of the house. The rest of the group were already out there waiting. Some looking more scared than others.

"How was it?" Feferi asked upon noticing your arrival.

"It was a lovely experience," Kanaya said with a smile as she turned off her glowing.

"Made all the lovelier by Kanaya," you said laughing, "I would have freaked out so much more without her there."

Kanaya laughed and kissed you on the cheek, "Thanks [Y/N]"

A chorus of reactions came from the others but you ignored them all and just smiled at Kanaya before returning the kiss.

This would be a Halloween to remember.

I hope you enjoyed this. Happy Halloween!