Jade Harley

"I pick... Jade!" You decide, grabbing her hand, "It'll be fun, and you can protect me."

Nepeta giggled, "Aww, how cute! Jade, you have to agree meow."

The others paired off as well and once everyone was ready, Eridan took the lead, "Alright, let's go now. We don't have all night"

The group took a moment to gather up their things and headed over to where the haunted house was mostly set up. Once you arrived, Eridan stepped forward once again to give a few reminders.

"Give us a moment to get set up," he said, "You'll know when you're ready to come in. Try your best to stay in your pairs. And most importantly, be terrified. We'll see you in a moment."

A few people broke away from the group and followed him inside to prepare. You smiled at Jade, "Are you excited?"

Jade nodded and ruffled your hair a little. "Super excited! I love haunted houses, but if you're less keen on them, I'll be sure to keep an eye on you."

You feel yourself melt a little at her energy and grin, "I'll try to be brave, but no promises."

Just then, the sound of a bell rang out from inside the house and the door creaked open all on its own. The experience was about to begin.

At your request, you and Jade waited for everyone else to go through part way first so that the two of you would be uninterrupted as you went through. You grabbed her hand nervously and squeezed it tightly.

Jade squeezed back reassuringly, "We'll just stick together and you'll be okay," she said.

"Promise?" you ask, looking around somewhat nervously.

"Of course!"

As you made your way through the first room, the lights flickered wildly, throwing ominous shadows on the walls. Every now and then they would even go out completely, plunging the room into darkness.

You made sure you were holding Jade's hand tightly and swallowed nervously, "What's up with that?" you whispered.

"Probably Sollux," Jade whispered back. "He said he had something fun planned for the special effects."

The two of you continued into the next room where the thick cobwebs covered the walls. A coating of dust caked the floor and you kept you averted your gaze as you swear you saw a spider creep through one of the webs.

With your eyes staring firmly at the ground, you didn't notice the tall gangly figure until he lunged out from the shadows, hands outstretched.

You jumped back and screamed with Jade although she regained her composure much quicker. "Hi Gamzee," she laughed.

"Got you, motherfuckers," he grinned lazily, waving long straw fingers at the two of you. "One room down, two more to go," he said and stepped aside with a little bow.

You slipped past him, careful not to brush against any of the cobwebs. You were not keen to find out if they were real. Jade followed close behind you, dodging the webs nimbly.

Unfortunately, the second room seemed even darker and dustier, and these cobwebs seemed definitely real. Not to mention skulls and skeletons lined the walls, grinning at you with bony smiles.

Jade leads you out into the room, glancing back at you every now and then. "See, it's not so bad," she reassures you.

Just as you were starting to relax, a flash of movement to your left made you jump back. And not a moment too late as a scythe came down between the two of you. You shrieked and looked up to find the wielder of the scythe to be Eridan who had changed into a strange cross between a human grim reaper and an imperious drone.

"Watch where you're swinging that thing," Jade said, poking Eridan on the shoulder. "You could have hurt someone."

You ignore the pounding of your heart and take Jade's hand again. "It's alright, I don't think that thing is sharp," you tell her.

"You're right, it's not," Eridan agreed, "I'm not stupid. Oh also, two rooms down, one left to go." He backed into the shadows until he was all but invisible once more and the two of you continued on your way.

Entering through the final door, you found yourselves in a long hallway with closed doors on either side.

"Do we go through?" Jade asked, grabbing a door handle. She shook it and frowned, "Locked."

"I guess, we just keep walking..." you said, trailing off as the clip clop of a horse's hooves echoed down the hall.

Jade looked at you, "A horse? That's not so scary."

Before you could answer, one of the doors further down burst open and a headless rider dashed across and through another door on a pitch black horse. The door slammed shut behind the horse and the you jumped back with a startled yelp.

"Don't worry, remember it's just one of our friends," Jade said, placing a comforting hand on your back. "Now let's keep moving, we're almost done."

Jade lead the way slowly down the hall until a creak behind you made the two of you whirl around. The rider thundered past again, just as headless as before. You tried to guess who it might be but you didn't remember that costume.

You swallowed nervously and as the two of you had nearly reached the end of the hallway, the rider emerged from the final door and leapt off the horse.

"You have passed the final room," he said with a bow and you recognized the voice as Equius.

"I was wondering who it might be, glad to see it's just you," you sighed.

"I hope I did not frighten you too terribly," Equius said and led the horse aside so that you and Jade could pass through.

The two of you went through the final door and emerged on the other side of the house. The rest of the group were already out there waiting. Some looking more scared than others.

"How was it?" Feferi asked upon noticing your arrival.

"It was so much fun!" Jade said, "Everyone did such a good job!"

You laugh sheepishly, "Yeah, it was a little scary but definitely much better with Jade there."

Jade laughed and kissed you on the cheek, "Aww, thanks [Y/N]"

A chorus of reactions came from the others but you ignored them all and just smiled at [CHOICE before returning the kiss.

This would be a Halloween to remember.

I hope you enjoyed this. Happy Halloween!