Tavros Nitram

"I pick... Tavros!" You decide, grabbing his hand, "It'll be fun, and you can protect me."

Gamzee gave the two of you a thumbs up, "Have fun, best bros."

The others paired off as well and once everyone was ready, Karkat took the lead, "Alright, let's go now. No time to waste."

The group took a moment to gather up their things and headed over to where the haunted house was mostly set up. Once you arrived, Karkat stepped forward once again to give a few reminders.

"Listen up. We're gonna need a moment to prepare," he said, "You'll know when you can come in. Stay in your fucking pairs and don't be a dick. Oh, and have fun I guess. See you later."

A few people broke away from the group and followed him inside to prepare. You smiled at Tavros, "Are you excited?"

Tavros rubbed the back of his head awkwardly. "Scary isn't usually my go-to choice of fun, but I'm sure it'll be great if I'm with you," he declared and you blush.

"Agreed," you tell him.

Just then, the sound of a bell rang out from inside the house and the door creaked open all on its own. The experience was about to begin.

At your request, you and Tavros waited for everyone else to go through part way first so that the two of you would be uninterrupted as you went through. The two of you look at each other and you lift up three fingers.

One silent countdown later, you both enter the house at the same time. You're immediately struck by what appear to be broken bodies lying around the room before you realize that they're actually robots.

You let out a breath, "Equius donated these, I assume."

Tavros nods giving one of them a closer inspection, but not daring to touch them in case they moved. "It seems like it," he confirmed, "The work matches my legs."

The two of you continued into the next room where ominous green slime covered the walls. You inched closer to Tavros, staying far away from the slime. "Do you think this is John's room?" You ask, "A ghost buster isn't that scary."

Tavros responded with a scream and you turned to see a ghost swooping towards you. You let out a startled yell as the ghost stops in front of you.

With a laugh, he pulls the sheet off his head, revealing John's smiling face. "A ghost buster isn't that scary," he agreed, "Which is why I switched to the ghost's side instead."

"Scared on the first room," Tavros lamented jokingly.

"Well, one room down, two more to go," John said, putting the sheet back over his head. "Good luck!"

He ran off while you and Tavros continued onwards to the next room. As you entered you quickly realized that it was a mirror maze. Your own reflection stared back at you a million times over and you giggle as you make an exaggerated face of terror.

"Okay, this is really cool." Suddenly, you catch a glimpse of something green in one of the reflections. You turn to mention it to Tavros when you realize that she is no longer by your side.

Worry gnaws at you and you start moving, hoping to catch back up with Tavros before he gets too nervous. You start making your way through the maze but every now and then, you'd see that flash of green again out of the corner of your eye.

On top of that, you found yourself turned around quite quickly. After a few more seconds of stumbling around, you finally got a clear look at what the green figure was. Zombie Karkat lurched towards you, arms outstretched and groaning.

You watch him lumber towards you but decide that finding Tavros is your priority. "Sorry Karkat," you mumble to yourself before getting moving once more.

Before long, you saw Tavros once more and ran towards her. "Tavros!" you call and relief is apparent on his face as he ran towards you as well.

Soon you were together again and by then, Karkat had caught up to you as well.

"Do you know how fucking hard it is to scare two people who are both running around like lunatics?" he grumbled, "The exit is right there, you've passed the second room. One more to go"

You chuckled awkwardly, "Oops." You grabbed Tavros's hand so you wouldn't be separated once more and headed for the exit.

"I thought I would never make it out of there," Tavros admitted as you moved forward, "I thought you were with me at first and when I realized you weren't I kind of panicked."

"Yeah, it was really scary," you agree, "But we found each other again. There's nothing to worry about if we're together."

Tavros gave you a satisfied smile and the two of you continued onwards.

The final room was homely and warm, a fire place blazed against one wall and someone sat in front of it, with their back towards you, stirring a cauldron.

You squeezed Tavros's hand and put a finger to your lips. The two of you began to tip toe across the room but it was hard to tread lightly on robotic legs and the figure croaked, "Who's there?"

You giggled, "Alright, you got us." You glance quickly at Tavros and urge him to walk over. "Feferi right," you say as the two of you approach her, "Nice job disguising your voice but we figured it out."

Right before you reached her she whirled around, her hair flaring out behind her. "Did you?" she screamed, revealing grotesque makeup that gave her a terrifying and haunted appearance.

Tavros screamed in fear and stumbled into you. You put your arms around him and screamed as well though it was punctuated with giggles. "Okay, that was good," you tell Feferi.

She gives you a proud smile, "Thank you! I thought of it my-shell-f." She smiled at Tavros although her makeup made even that look unsettling. "I wasn't too scale-ry though, was I?"

Tavros laughed nervously, "No, of course not. Just the right amount of scary."

Feferi clapped her hands and handed you both a small handful of candy corn from her cauldron. "You've passed the final room," she said and you popped a piece of candy into your mouth as you left the room.

The two of you went through the final door and emerged on the other side of the house. The rest of the group were already out there waiting. Some looking more scared than others.

"How was it?" Gamzee asked upon noticing your arrival.

Tavros gave a shaky smile, "Better than I thought it would be, actually."

"I agree," you chime in, "Especially because you were with me."

Tavros laughed and kissed you on the cheek, "Thanks [Y/N]"

A chorus of reactions came from the others but you ignored them all and just smiled at Tavros before returning the kiss.

This would be a Halloween to remember.

I hope you enjoyed this. Happy Halloween!