The protector

The past

"Wait " Athena said grabbing Becca by the arm. "Where are you going?"

Becca took her bags and started packing her things.
"I told you" she said in a hurry "it's..its not safe anymore...I'm not safe there are people looking for me "

Athena let go of Becca's arm and stood helpless. 
"...but ..what am i meant to do without a teacher? We had a mission? We had a ...." Athena started.

Becca stopped packing a looked at Athena in the eyes. It was a cold expression, a sincere look.
"You know what to do" Becca spoke " i have prepared you for this"

Athena couldn't believe what she was hearing. It seemed this had come around too soon. It couldn't be now.

"You can't just leave everyone behind Becca ! ...what about your daughter ? Your husband? ..what about me? " Athena spoke.

Becca sighed. Athena could tell she was hurting.
"...i can't risk them getting hurt because of what i know...i need to get as far as i can from here and continue my work..but you must protect them at all costs"

Athena knew what Becca wanted her to do. Becca had practically taken her under her wing at a young age and taught her things. Athena felt as if she had a family and now that was being taken from her.

"But...but what if i don't want to go? ...." Athena asked. "You...you where the closest thing i had to a family..."

Becca continued packing and shoving things into her bags.
"You still have that family in Cassie and my husband." Becca zipped up her bags and stood straight. "Now ... board the eligious 3 mission and make sure my family are safe"

"Why can't they stay here?" Athena asked.

"There are things at work , bad things that you don't understand. We all have to do what's right and I'm sacrificing my happiness to keep my work safe.. away from people"  she paused. "At no  circumstance you give away any details...don't trust anyone"

Present.

"Don't trust anyone , that was the last words she said to me before leaving" Athena looked up to Raven and Madi.

"And now i am the reason we are in this mess" Athena rubbed her eyes.

Raven sat there in shock. She didn't know what to say to comfort Athena. All Raven could think about was how it seemed she had left Luna behind in fear of her getting hurt to then have everyone she loved being threatened. It seemed she understood Becca more than she wanted to.  Sacrifice for love.

Madi broke the pause. "She's right, Athena" Madi said. "Becca..is right you still have family left here to protect"

Raven thought to herself. Madi was correct. Cassie was still here and yet it was somewhat of a bad thing. If Marcus had found Cassie's true identity and used her to open up the Tomb in the bunker, he wouldn't be getting the anomaly but whatever else was buried with her to the grave.

"Cassie..." Raven trailed on "She's in danger, they all are"

The three of them were still circled around the anomaly. 
"Do ..do we use the anomaly?" Madi asks.

Athena and Raven look at each other and shake there heads.
It was too dangerous , neither one of them seemed eager to explore something so unexplained.

"...I don't think its a good idea to just go through..without knowing what we are really getting ourselves into" Athena said. Raven agreed. The next step was to get everyone together and take Marcus down. It was to wake the sleeping army.