Hostages

Madi examined the grass ahead holding Ryan close by. It had been longer than the few minutes Emori had told her and she was beginning to grow worried.  As she revealed herself from the long outstretched grass she peered ahead but could only see barren wastelands and no sign of them. The air grew colder by the minute and the sky a little darker the more she pondered. 

"what do i do?" she questioned to Ryan . Ryan muttered a few unrecognizable words before replying .

"muum" he spoke his face turning to the last time Madi had seen Emori. Madi took a deep breath in before taking a scan of the area. 

"its either stay here and freeze to death tonight waiting or go find shelter and hope we are found" she told herself. She picked a sleepy Ryan up in her arms. Now her priority was not with surviving but ensuring the survival of Ryan. She had only hoped that soon she would find Clarke. 

***

Athena lay passed out with head on the desk when Raven slammed into her office in a hurry.  She instantly got up and found herself rubbing her eyes.    

"And what time do you call this?" Athena asks yawning. Raven turns to the office door and locks it. 

"There is no one else here in this off...." Raven begins. Athena chuckles to herself still adjusting to waking up.  

"Do you honestly think i would have anyone else in my office if i am passed out on my desk surrounded by work" her eyes narrow towards Raven who still searches the room with her eyes. 

"...and you still do not trust me " Athena mutters getting up and attempting to clear her desk.  Raven walks up to her desk  in denial. 

"its not that ...its just ... look i came here because we need to leave" Raven said quickly. Athena paused and stared up at Raven in disbelief. "Leave? now at this time??" She spoke. 

Athena carried on pilling her paperwork before Raven brushed it off the desk in a huff. 

"Look i dont know what the hell has gotten in to you but its as if you no longer care ... since when do you have work with all this going on ???" Raven said angrily picking up the work pages and then peering at them. Each page had neat diagrams and drafts of the area surrounding the ship, co ordinates and a note that circled the bunker in red.

Athena clearly cross took the time to let Raven read the notes before picking the rest of them up off the floor . 

"Athena i ....." Raven began .."look you could of at least reassured me that you had a ..." 

Athena rose from the floor now closer to Raven .  She stared into her eyes for a few seconds before grabbing her by the arm and pulling her closer.

"If you hadn't already noticed , Marcus has guards on patrol... by locking the door and shouting your creating a scene in which ANYONE can listen in so yes .... we will leave but i must warn you that from now on you must not have distrust in me am i clear ?? ..." Athena whispered with authority. "oh and by the way if i didn't care about anyone i wouldn't of put my job on the line to save you " she let go of Ravens arm and stood back with a smirk. 

"i never expected you to save me...." Raven added back speechless. 

Athena shrugged while rolling her eyes. "I don't usually have  worries for anyone else but myself but here i am displaying it" 

Raven scoffed" I've heard that before .. what's with leaders secretly being soft inside ?" 

Athena walked to her desk draw and grabbed her gun out before putting it in her pocket.