Do You Trust Me?

I hadn't been able to trust since the age of four. I was torn between wanting to be cradled and telling the world to go fuck itself, and those were opposite sides of the same coin. Life is a series of pulls back and forth. You want to do one thing, but you are bound to do something else. Something hurts you, yet you know it shouldn't. You take certain things for granted, even when you know you should never take anything for granted. A tension of opposites, like a pull on a rubber band. And most of us live somewhere in the middle.

The reason as to why we are attracted to our opposites is because they are our salvation from the burden of being ourselves. It's usually our opposites who compliment us best, because they're the only ones who can balance us out. The rough must always accompany the smooth. Without one or the other one learns nothing about oneself.

"No, we won't be making any drops in Barstow. We went over this, why are you asking me this again?" I clenched my jaw, not staring directly at one of my soldiers.

"Sir, Jace requested you. He wanted to make a deal."

"Well then decline it, the hell?! Are you fucking stupid, we've already had this fucking conversation. If anybody from Barstow tries to reach me, including that bitch Rose, you fucking ignore it. Do I make myself clear?" I pointed at him as he nodded frantically, writing something down.

"Now can somebody please say something smart?!" I slammed my hand on the desk, the impact echoing throughout the room. The door to my office swung open and in walked Kaoir, who seemed to be more grumpy than usual.

"How did you get in here? I told you to stay in the room." I said in a demanding tone.

"Since when do I listen to you? Your security is weak, do better." She checked out her nails and then crossed her arms. Ever since I found out she was a Prescott she's had this nasty attitude towards me. It's not the same as when she first met me and got on my last nerves. Now she barely even tries to get my attention. A complete switch.

"What do you want?" I heard my crew mumbling amongst each other.

"I need to go out." She said blandly while staring at the ground.

My face dropped. "Oh, so you really lost yo' mind, huh?" I rubbed my chin.

"Trust me, babe, I lost that long before you came into the picture. I'm serious, Kyng." Her tone was just as stern as mine.

"I don't care how serious you are, where do you expect yourself to be going?" I folded my hands.

"First of all, I'm a woman. And clearly, there is nothing in this house fit for a woman. Therefore, I will eventually need womanly things." She was eluding to something bigger than just 'womanly things'.

"I'll have Marina pick you up some things. Now get out. Close the door too." She glared at me and turned around, but left without closing the door on purpose. "I'mma fuck that girl up. I swear I am." I mumbled.

"What's your deal with her?" Bash motioned towards the open door.

"That's Kaoir Prescott. She got into a bit of trouble with me, so now she's stuck here." I explained simply, not going into big detail.

"Big shot Prescott, huh? What are you gonna do with her?"

I sighed. "I'm not sure yet. But if Adrien thinks that I'm just going to hand his daughter over untouched, he's got another thing coming." I twisted the ring on my finger repeatedly.

"I don't know, boss. Not only have you been stealing his ports, but now you have his daughter? You're asking for a war." He said in a hesitant tone, shaking his head.