Walls Could Talk

King Midas put his hands on me again. He said one day I'd realize why I don't have any friends. I find myself alone at night unless I'm having sex, but he can make me golden if I just showed some respect.

But I don't let him touch me anymore. I said, "I'm not something to butter up and taste when you get bored. 'Cause I have spent too many nights on dirty bathroom floors. To find some peace and quiet right behind a wooden door."

He said "Please don't go away."

I said, "Too late."

"What are you up to?" Kaoir asked, taking a seat next to Kyng on the leather couch.

"Nothing in particular. Is there something you need?" He asked, lowering his reading glasses a bit to get a better look at her.

"Nothing in particular," She mimicked him, resting her head along his thighs. She glanced at the book he was reading, identifying it as Twilight. "I didn't think romance novels were your thing."

"I don't have a thing. I'm bored." He closed the book and set it to the side. It was silent for a moment between them as Kaoir stared at the ceiling, her chest moving up and down slowly as she breathed.

"Have you ever thought about leaving all of this behind and starting a family? Settling down, getting married?" She rubbed her stomach in circles, her fingernails tickling the skin.

"Maybe once. That thought is long gone now." He said dryly, letting out a yawn.

"Just imagine, one day you just up and leave, you and your significant other. Change your name to something random, like Walter or something, and move out of the country, go to Jamaica. Then while you're there, get married, have a son— No, a daughter. Name her Zara or something. Wouldn't that be nice?"

"That sounds like some fairytale shit." Kyng raised an eyebrow at her.

She shrugged. "It is."

"Are you trying to tell me something?"

She rolled over so her back was now facing his stomach as she fiddled with a loose thread in his pants. "Not really. I'd just love to pursue something else one day. I would love to live in Paris, maybe enroll into culinary school."

"You're not going anywhere."

"You remind me every day." She muttered, rolling her eyes. "It doesn't hurt to think about it, you know."

"I'm just helping you realize that the more you think about it, the more it will hurt when reality hits you." He pushed her curly hair out of her face so he could see it better. Her face was blank, slightly frowned up. "Fix your face."

"You sound like my father." Kaoir mumbled.

"I could never."

"But you do."

"Stop comparing me to him."

"Then stop acting like him." She argued.

"Are you okay?" He furrowed his brows.

"Do you actually care or are you just confused as to why I'm picking a fight with you this time?" She removed herself from his lap and walked over to where his liquor collection stood. She opened up a bottle of 1942 and poured herself a half full glass, taking a sip.

Kyng sighed deeply and stood up, approaching behind her. As she sipped on her drink, he snaked his arms around her waist, moving her hair away from her neck. He began to plant soft, gentle kisses behind her earlobe, mumbling, "I asked you a question."

For a moment she let his lips continue to tickle her skin, but she began to get aggravated. She removed his arms from around her waist and pushed her hair back over her neck. "Stop doing that."