You Need Me

Every woman that finally figured out her worth, has picked up her suitcases of pride and boarded a flight to freedom, which landed in the valley of change.

A proud man is always looking down on things and people; and, of course, as long as you are looking down, you cannot see something that is above you. When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but with creatures bristling with prejudice and motivated by pride and vanity.

Kaoir jumped up at the sound of her door abruptly opening, her hair being in a wild tumble. She wiped the sleep out of her eyes and opened them fully, seeing that it was Kyng who was walking into the room with a platter in his hand. "Wake up. You need to eat."

"I'm up. Don't you knock?" She brought her knees up to her chest and leaned her head against them.

"Not in my own house I don't," He leaned his head over and furrowed his brows. "Is that my shirt?"

"You didn't exactly give me anything to sleep in." She glared at him. She was wearing one of his dress shirts, but it didnt fit completely and hung off of her shoulders.

"Asking is a thing you know."

"Taking without permission is also a thing too."

"It's not very nice."

"You're not very nice."

"It's a strong point of mine."

Kaoir sighed, "What do you want, Kyng?"

"Marina made you breakfast. Apparently, you left a good mark on her." He set the platter across her lap, and the cup of apple juice on the nightstand.

"Aww, that's so sweet of her. Maybe if you were likeable like me, she'd make you smiley face pancakes." She teased.

"I don't like you so you must not be that likeable."

"Or maybe it's just the fact that you're too proud to admit that I saved your life last night, or it could be the fact that a woman that doesn't want you scares you," He scoffed, crossing his arms. "Speaking of, did you call the deal off yet?"

"No, actually that's what I'm fixing to go do."

She sucked in her breath. "Be careful with that one. He's not gonna be happy."

"Yeah, I know. But what choice do I really have? I just have to be prepared for whatever comes, and I am." He pat his hip, referencing to the pistol in his waistband.

"So I just have to stay here and die of boredom while you handle your shit?" She frowned.

He pondered then nodded. "Sounds about right."

"Well you suck." She leaned back and bit into a piece of bacon.

"Look, Gino is here to watch you. If you need anything you ask him, but you can't leave this room. Got it?" He reached down to take a piece of bacon from her plate, but she popped his hands.

"Get your own smiley face pancakes." As she was about to eat the rest of her bacon, he stole it clean out of her hand and popped it into his mouth before she could oppose. "You bitch!"

"I'll see you later." He walked out of the room and in walked a big bodied, bald, man with a goatee. His face looked mean, but mean looking people are the biggest teddy bears.

"I guess it's just you and me now, big guy." Kaoir sighed, addressing the man. He didn't respond, but was looking directly at her. "Wha- Are you seriously not gonna talk to me?" She pouted.

"Kyng told me to stand my ground against you. He believes you're dangerous somehow." Gino spoke up.

"Little ol' me? Please, I wouldn't hurt a fly." That was definitely a lie.