Castle

I'm headed straight for the castle.
They got the kingdom locked up.
And there's an old man sitting I should probably keep my pretty mouth shut.

"Kyng hasn't returned yet?" Luca asked Kaoir as she sat on the couch, reading a book.

"Nope. I'm not even sure where he went. I wasn't paying attention." She shrugged with one shoulder and licked her index finger, turning the page.

"What's going on between the two of you?" He questioned once more.

"I don't know what you're talking about." She answered quickly with no hesitation.

"Yes you do."

"It's nothing. Literally. I'm just here playing the long game. That's it and that's all."

"Oh really? Well if that's the case, why did I find a ripped open condom wrapper in the bathroom last week? Particularly, by the shower." Luca crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow, giving off a fatherly vibe.

"It could've been Deuce's." Kaoir shrugged. She held true to her word when she told Kyng that he wouldn't be allowed to touch her in that way anymore. Of course he made advances throughout the week, the hugs from behind, the random thigh rubs, the soul piercing eye contact. However, nothing ever worked. She was offended and acted accordingly.

"Deuce doesn't bring anybody over here." He quickly shut down her excuse.

"Well there's a first for every—"

"It's not Deuce's." He impeded before she could even continue to come up with another lie. Yes, the condom wrapper was evidence of their frustrated escapades. She said they would never do anything again. Yet, she couldn't account for what had already happened prior to that oath.

"Well what about the girls Kyng has over here? Some girl came over in a trench coat and heels last week."

"So tell me what happened." Luca took a seat next to her on the couch.

"Nothing happened..." He dropped his face and stared at her, waiting for her to tell the truth. "I was frustrated, okay? There was a lot of sexual tension built up, he couldn't decide if he wanted to hit me or hit me.. So we did both."

"I thought you two like... hated each other. I mean you argue every other day, and you have been for the past three weeks."

Three weeks. She had been in the Kyng's castle for three weeks, going on a month. She was growing accustomed to being stuck there. Sometimes she became lonely, mentally, because she'd truly never be alone. She didn't miss her "home." She missed peace. She missed being in her own state of mind. But then again, when had she ever felt peace in the first place? She was still on a mission, at the end of the day.

"Sometimes I hate him. When he does the dishes, he shakes off each one before setting it in the drying rack. Water flies everywhere. A couple of drops always hit me in the face. I have to leave the room to avoid smashing a plate against his head."

"And other times?"

"We're neutral. I don't take a liking to him and I don't despise him. He's attractive, physically. Emotionally, he's one of the worst people you'll meet. But I guess emotions don't matter when you're hooking up with somebody with no strings attached, huh?" Kaoir shrugged and closed her book, setting it on the coffee table.

"I think you two love each other." Luca wiggled his eyebrows, but Kaoir wasn't laughing. She didn't take that word lightly.

"I've never felt love before. I wouldn't know. And if it feels anything like what's described in books and movies, this isn't it."