About my Business

The following weeks were spent working my ass off and playing phone tag with Marc Jacobs company. The offices weren't too far from me but the constant running back and forth was annoying. I woke up at like 6 every morning to head to the studio and have even more meetings about maybe 10 pieces, which was annoying at times but it showed me how much detail went into making clothes. The sketches had to be finalized before the new year came in but if there was one rule that I had it involved Christmas breaks. I refused to work that whole week and therefore pushed all my work to the week before which left me with limited time with my man but that was okay. He was on a 6 game road-trip cross country and then he had a game Christmas morning, which I would be attending.

Christmas Eve we were back home at his apartment, which was in the same building as my sister and we decided to throw a pre-Christmas party. I invited some work colleagues, my cousins from Canada came down and some from London came over for the holidays. Tim had his homeboys there with him and a couple of people that he played basketball with in college and of course our family. My parents were flying down later in the night because that was the cheapest flight and nobody had spoken to them about Olivia being pregnant, which would be their Christmas gift. I had the whole day planned out because I knew that Olivia and Andreas had no idea what was going on. She wasn't showing yet but I didn't know how they would take to them hiding the news for so long. Anyways for tomorrow Tim was able to get us court-side seats so we would watch the game, then go and eat and share the news and then come back together at Tim's house and celebrate.

Christmas Eve morning I woke up around 8 and got Tim ready for his gym workout. He wanted me to come with him but I had some last minute shopping to do and my cousins wanted to go to the hair salon. I figured that I could have a girls day with them and talk to them about life. After he left my sister came downstairs with my cousins Jasmine and Courtney.

Me, "So what's the plan for today?"

Courtney, "How long have you two been dating?"

Me, "Um about 4 months, why?"

Courtney, "Cause I see a lot of your stuff here. I mean he's okay with you basically living here?"

Olivia, "They have a strange, complex relationship. They don't follow the normal boundaries when it comes to a relationship"

Courtney, "I mean Kai's always been like that, I mean when she was with Abel it was all over the place"

Jasmine, "How is he? I mean I know that you two broke up but I know the way that you two are and I know that you wouldn't break up all communication with him"

Me, "He's good. We talked a couple weeks ago and from his Instagram and Twitter feed I would say that he's doing fine"

Jasmine, "Is he going to be in New York for the New Year?"

Me, "I have no idea, but probably not. Why are you so focused on him?"

Courtney, "We are just intrigued"

Olivia, "Well can we move on and get to the shopping part of the day. Kaiyah has to buy me a Christmas present"

Me, "What are you talking about? Your present is for the baby"

Olivia, "Come on, you can't be serious."

Me, "Olivia what would you need? Plus I know that Andreas probably has the tree packed with gifts for you"

Courtney, "Girl you should see how he spoils her. I mean the whole house is basically packed"

Jasmine, "It's cute though. That's how Henry and I are. I mean we don't do it as much because of all the kids but I still love to wake up to presents and what not"