Crimson, With Love - Amber X Reader (Genshin Impact)

Start from the beginning

Later, nighttime

Y/N: "Expedition, day one. So far, I've travelled enough and have encountered no highly dangerous threats, just a couple of hilichurls."

There's sounds of footsteps from afar, and they were approaching quickly.

Y/N: "My goal for this trip is to travel from Mondstadt to Liyue and keep track of everything and everyone I meet on the way there."

The running girl gasped for air, because she had been running for a while, looking around for a person.

Y/N: "Once in point B, I will take a 'much needed' one week rest before I return to point A, to report my findings to Jean..."

She finally saw the light of a fire, and she smiled.

Closing your journal, you sighed and stared at the burning fire at the center of the little camp you set up. The night was specially calm, mostly because you got rid of all the slimes that were in the area before finding a place to rest for the day.

But then, you couldn't see anything.

"It's 'later' already, right?"

Your eyes were suddenly covered by a pair of hands, and a familiar voice reached your ears, which you recognized instantly.

Y/N: "Amber?"

Amber: "Don't get angry."

Y/N: "What are you doing here?"

Amber: "You sound angry already."

Her hands moved from your face to your arms, and her head nows rests on your back, almost as if Amber didn't want to see you just yet.

Y/N: "Can you even be here?"

Amber: "No one knows, at least no one knows I'm gone yet. I guess I can't be one day without you... call me annoying all you want, but I'm not leaving!"

Her arms now wrapped around your waist, and Amber was waiting for an answer. You tapped her hand and suddenly stood up, helping her stand as well to hug her.

Y/N: "I'm not angry, I am actually really happy to have you here. But I might be the one to get in trouble if someone finds you here with me when I'm supposed to be alone."

Amber: "Two heads are better than one, right?"

Y/N: "Yeah, guess you're right. You'll have to sleep with me though, there's not space for us to sleep separately."

Amber: "You make it sound like it's a burden to sleep next to me."

Y/N: "The one time I slept with you, you kicked my face."

Amber: "I had a nightmare!"

Again, your faces were mere inches away from one another, and Amber's eyes looked so beautiful tonight, dreamlike would be the word to describe it.

Y/N: "I really love you, you know that?"

Amber: "I don't know, I think I might need to hear it again..."

Y/N: "I love you."

Amber: "That's better."

Your lips met, but now with the liberty of being alone in the middle of nowhere, with nothing or no one to interrupt, this kiss lasted a lot longer than they usually do. Often times it was just a kiss on the cheek, or just a 'goodbye', but right now, this moment could be spent just doing anything you wanted with Amber—

You stopped kissing her, catching your breath and watching Amber do the same. She adjusts her goggles, and the smirk on her face told you everything you needed to know.

Amber: "Are you thinking the same thing I am?"

Y/N: "Maybe."

Amber: "Time to eat! I'm hungry, aren't you?"

Y/N: "Oh, that's what you were thinking about?"

Amber: "Of course, lemme make you something real quick and we'll sleep."

You chuckled, shaking your head at the thought that Amber would even want to do anything else. Deep down, the girl was still too much of an airhead to think about stuff like what just came up in your head at the end of that kiss.

The rest of the night was spent conversing and eating with Amber, and then, you two slept together under the company of the stars. A beautiful night that would soon be followed by days of pure fun exploring with Amber.

You were really excited, and Amber was too, evidently shown in the accidental kick you received the next morning.

———————————————————————