Crimson, With Love - Amber X Reader (Genshin Impact)

I'll try and bring some genshin bois into the mix later, for now, have an Amber.

P.S.: Writing oneshots is getting harder, but if you wanna read something that's constantly being updated, read my kanokari book, I heard a new chapter will come out soon 👀

———————————————————————

"Did you get it?"

"Of course!"

She jumped from where she had been standing, right at the top of the stairs, and was caught by your arms, with them wrapping around the happy girl when she rapidly approached you. Amber, for as long as you had known her, was a bit of an airhead and a loyal member of the Knights of Favonius, and today, your girlfriend managed to renew her gliding license for the second time this month.

Amber: "How do I look?"

Y/N: "The same?"

Amber: "What!? Look!"

She pulled out a necklace that was hiding in her outfit and showed it to you. Small, golden rabbit ears were hanging from her neck and the happiest of smiles was right on her face.

Y/N: "I would have known if your necklace wasn't hiding in there."

Amber: "What do you think? They gave it to me after I passed the exam again and given another license."

Y/N: "You gotta stop giving them reasons to take the license from you."

Amber: "I most certainly do not! I just like to get to destinations faster, so I... glide differently."

She most certainly did. One day, the perky Outrider started climbing one of the buildings in Mondstadt and found an old wooden chest filled with interesting items, and on her way down, she glided and knocked over three innocent knights on their way back to their outposts.

And they were rightfully angry, later reporting what happened to them, which caused her to lose her license again.

Y/N: "Be more careful next time, okay?"

Amber: "Fine. Errm, are you... leaving now?"

Amber looks down, instantaneously losing the excitement she had shared with you merely a few seconds ago.

Y/N: "Yeah, there's still a long trip I gotta do."

Amber: "...Okay. When you're back, we'll have a big feast, alright? And I'll cook the entire thing."

Amber's face got closer to yours, and you swore you had seen her eyes look a bit teary. The Outrider nodded before giving you a quick peck on the lips, and granting you a hug filled with nothing but unconditional and honest love. A couple of weeks without you sounded dreadful to Amber, and only thinking about it made her feel lonely.

Y/N: "I'll see you in a couple of weeks."

Amber: "I'll be waiting right here."

That particular comment would not age well, and you were about to find out why.

Y/N: "See ya later."