Chapter 17: Come Back

L I S A 

When Jennie hugged me, I couldn't stop myself anymore, and I cry again, but this time it's a relief cry. I didn't expect her to come here, especially when I'm about to be detained. I know she came here to apologize that's why I reassure her that everything is fine and handled.

We continue to hug each other, and the warmth radiating in her body makes me feel giddy, because why not? I'm being hugged by the girl I like ehee. 

Okay, stop I'm sad, remember? So I sniff and wipe my tears

I heard Jennie calling my name again.

"Hm?" I just hum for an answer.

"Let's try it again." She said, and I frowned as I pull away from her neck while looking at her.

"What?" I ask, and she gives me a small smile.

"Let's give us a chance, let's work it out."

When she said that my heart feels like it's going to burst out in my chest. Oh gosh, I feel like fainting, President Mubarat, I owe you a lot.

"Y-you mean-" I started, and she just giggled because I'm lost of words.

"Yes, let's date again and this time we will work this out, of course, if you don't mind." She said while showing me her gummy smile. Now how could I resist that?

"Not at all," I replied while looking at her directly in the eyes while smiling. That eyes though, I feel something going on inside my tummy whenever I look at them.

"You're staring." She said, and she smiled shyly while looking down. I then chuckled because of that, and remind you that we're still in each other's arms. But before I can reply, the soldier who's guarding the door went towards us and told me to head inside the barracks now.

I look at Jennie who's looking at the soldier then back to me.

"You're going to be fine right?" she asks, and I nodded.

"Don't worry about me, just take a rest for now and we'll see what's going to happen tomorrow," I replied, and she untangles herself from me, and I mentally pout.

"I hope the President will be fine." She said while looking at her hands.

I then smiled at her, then bow my head slightly to find her eyes.

"You worry too much about this man, you should be worried about me and me only," I said, and she laughs lightly.

"Tsk. You're so full of yourself." She replied while smiling, and I smile back at her. I then look at the soldier who's still standing at the side then back to Jennie.

When Jennie looks at me, she then gestures us to walk back in the small looking house with a comfortable silence between us. As I walk near the door, the other soldier opens it for me, and Jennie just stood there, so I turn my head back to her.

"We'll talk tomorrow," I said before I get inside, I didn't wait for her reply because I don't want to extend the time that our lieutenant has given me. I then sit on the floor facing the wall and the box full of goods inside.

I still can't believe that Jennie gave us a chance to work things out between us. I really like that girl, and just by thinking about being with her every time I wanted to makes my heart flutter, I then hold my chest because it's aching in a good way.

"The things you do to me," I whispered while shaking my head with a smile present on my face.

J E N N I E 

I'm now inside the medicube finishing the report about the surgery of the President. I can't help but think about what happened a while ago, from a nerve-wracking surgery to a fluttering feeling of my heart. I smiled when I remembered Lisa's smile when I gave her the answer she wanted to know, and I don't know why I haven't done it for a long time.