Chapter 16: Answer

J E N N I E

J E N N I E

"Jen, if you open up this patient there's no turning back," Jisoo said seriously as they gather around the operating room.

"I know, but there's no time for that. If I take my hands off on this patient, then it's too late." Jennie replied as she looks at each one of them.

...

"Let's begin... Mes." 

Yeri then handed the tool to Jennie .

"If you change your mind Dr. Kim, you-" Namjoom said but Jennie cut him off as she caught something on the patient's body.

"Look at this.." Jennie observes the scar at the upper part of the patient's abdomen. The doctors look at the scar with a puzzled expression.

"It is a large subcostal incision, isn't it?" Jennie asks while pointing at the scar.

(subcostal incision- Incision of the external oblique muscle of the abdomen in direction of the muscle fibers. The rectus muscle is cut with electrocautery.)

"But, there was no operation record on his chart." Rosé said looking at Jennie.

"I know.." Jennie paused before she continues, "You can't believe anything without checking it yourself with your own eyes." 

"Y-yeah,.. that's why this operation is dangerous sunbae." Lee Jong Suk said nervously while looking at the patient then back to Jennie, before he added. "It is dangerous to us, to the patient and even to the soldiers."

"The patient will die if I stop this now because it's dangerous. We have no choice as a doctor and we all know that." Jennie seriously said to her team.

Honestly, Jennie was really nervous about doing this surgery and she also knew that her team felt the same, but they have no time in that matter. Jennie is confident with this even though it is a nerve- wracking surgery. As long as they work together and if they believe in each other, then everything will be just fine.

They were silent of a second before Jennie broke it.

"I'm now cutting the abdomen open."

Then the surgery started.