Chapter 39: Make It Up To You

L I S A

I know my eyes are still closed, but I think my world is turning, and it makes me dizzy. I want to throw up. So I opened my eyes to see if someone was trying to pull a prank on me and put me on the rides while I was asleep.

But when I open my eyes, all I see is a bright light that came from the open window, which I didn't own. I'm sure that this isn't my room, especially when I notice the bed which I'm very familiar with? Now I question myself.

I then heard noises coming from the closed door on the right side of the room that I assume is the bathroom. I was about to move out of bed when the bathroom door went ajar, revealing the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen.

Jennie... with her hair still damp while holding the white towel on her right hand as she dries her hair, still wearing a white bathrobe that highlights the curve of her body.

"Good morning," she gave me her gummy smile. Oh yes, it's really a good morning.

"Hi," I return the smile because who wouldn't? I'm looking at the prettiest girl in front of me.

"How are you feeling?" she then takes a seat beside the bed, so I move closer to her.

"Not so good, but it'll pass," I then hold her waist to pull her closer to me and put my legs on each side of her. We're sitting on the bed with her between me. We then look outside the glass window of her apartment.

"Here, drink this." Jennie handed me a painkiller and a glass of water which I gladly take without moving in our current position.

"I already made you some coffee," she said, and I only hum for an answer, then put the glass of water back to the bedside table.

I then sniffed her scent and trailed some kisses to her neck. I smiled as I felt her shiver.

"Such a wifey material," I whisper to her ear and kiss it after. She just giggles because it's tickling her, so I can't help but join her laughter.

"I forgot to thank you, by the way, for taking care of my drunk ass last night," I said, but she just shrugged and wrapped my hands around her stomach so I could hug her from behind.

"Ah maja, you're extra touchy when you're drunk, but you're also cute, so I didn't mind," she looked sideways and leaned back at me. She put her head beside my neck and playfully bit my ear.

"I didn't took advantage of you right?" I ask seriously, trying to find her eyes so I can look at her.

"I told you to stop, and you did, and also because my mom called me last night," she then stood up, so I whined as I tried to stop her.

"Andwaeee, don't go. Stay here with me," I pulled her back and settled her between my legs again as I hugged her tighter this time so that she couldn't move away. I heard her giggle and felt her hand behind my head while she caressed my hair.

"My mom was dealing with the squirrels that broke into our café and destroy a lot of displays inside, especially the ones my mom collected as souvenirs during her travel season."

"Did you call the animal control or something?" I then fix her robe because her chest is almost visible from how she sits.

"I did earlier, they said they're going to set a schedule today and inform my mom when they are about to go there. I was planning to visit our café but I remembered I still have lots of work to do back at my office." she sighs tiredly, so I unconsciously rub my hands on her thighs in comfort.

"My baby is busy, I see," I said, and she just chuckled.

"Funny, because your job is also as busy as mine," she replied, but I just shrugged at her statement.