Chapter 40: Her Promise

J E N N I E

"Please give him a painkiller, and tell him to rest we need to observe him first," I instructed the nurse before I go to the next patient.

"How's your head? Is it still throbbing?" I asked the girl sitting on the bed with her legs swinging because she's quite small probably just around my height.

"I feel a bit of pain doctor, but it's bearable," the girl replied and I smiled at her a little.

"That's good to hear, and try not to move to much okay? The medicine will have an effect in a few minutes so we can't discharge you yet, we want to see your full recovery here," I said and she just nodded her head.

She was one of the patients admitted here because of the car accident that happened an hour ago, thankfully they didn't have a serious damage that needs surgery. Her boyfriend who was still in pain is the one who was driving when the accident happen.

It's not their fault though, because the driver who crashed them was drunk and didn't even know that he just drove his car in that state, so instead of bringing him here in the hospital, the police officers immediately decided to bring him to their station only with an ice pack for his bleeding forehead.

I was about to walk away when a hand grip my coat, I took a glance on the said hand before I look up to the girl owning it.

"Hey, is there something wrong?" I immediately asked her because her head hung low.

"Doctor, please help me," she whispered so I got alarmed.

"Why? are you hurt? Do you feel any pain beside your head?," I then check her body but she just hold my hands and look directly into my eyes.

"Dowajuseyo, my-my boyfriend he..h-he's been," she was sobbing trying to form a proper sentence, but before she can say it properly we heard footsteps walking behind us.

"yeobo (hon) " A deep manly voice interrupted us causing the girl to flinch but the guy just walk hastily towards the slightly trembling girl and hug her tightly.

"Are you okay? I'm sorry I didn't come and get you here as soon as I can, the officers told me they have to question me first," he looks at the girl with worried eyes but the girl was just looking at him dumbly with fear in her eyes.

The guy just sigh loudly, looking down for a second then look at his girlfriend as he holds both her shoulders.

"Listen, they are here because they want to ask you questions just like what they did to me, you think you can manage to answer them?" the guy said and I'm just there, observing every move, expression and the way they talk to each other.

But when the girl shifted her eyes towards me, something click to me so I immediately walk out from where I'm standing and approach one of the officers standing a few meters away from us.

I bowed at them as they did the same

"Hi, I'm Dr. Kim, the assigned doctor to that girl you're about to question, do you mind if I talk to one of you for a second?" I asked and they shared a look but agreed to walk away with from where the couple is.

"Is there any problem, Doctor?" he asks and I took a glance back to the couple and I locked eyes with the girl but I quickly look at the officer.

"That girl, she, I think she needs help. She said something awhile ago about her boyfriend but we got interrupted when you guys came," the officer just look at the couple on his right side, trying to observe I guess.

"What did the girl told you?" the officer asked still looking at the couple who are still talking to each other.

"She asked me to help her and I don't know what exactly it is, I don't want to jump into a conclusion but as you can see I just want to make sure she's not abused but I have a feeling that she was," I then shifted my eyes back to the girl, same as the officer as we now both look towards their direction.