Chapter 28: Triggered

LISA

"I'll get you some coffee," Dong Wook said after I settled myself on the couch. We are now here at his house, which is not that far from Jennie's apartment building.

After he received the address I'd sent him, he immediately fetch me there. I was soaked in the rain because I didn't bother covering myself with anything or even staying in the lobby. My mind was too preoccupied for me to do that.

Dong Wook then sighs while looking at me.

"I will call someone who can help you with those wet clothes, you're going to get sick with that," then after that, he disappears down the hallway of his house.

I just stared at the space in front of me, getting lost in my wondering thoughts, then I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Lisa, right?" she asked and I simply nodded, looking up at this beautiful lady standing in front of me.

"I'm Yoo In Na, Dong Wook's girlfriend," she smiled at me, extending her hand that I immediately shook. I didn't know he had a girlfriend.

"He asked me to lend you some clothes because yours were wet from the rain. Wait here for a second, I'm going to find something that can fit you," In Na said, so I stood up and gave her a bow, thankful for her kind action. She smiled at me and proceeded to the specified room.

After a second, I saw Dong Wook carrying a tray with cups of coffee. She then put it on the table then offered me a cup. I whispered a thank you before accepting it.

"I had no idea you had a girlfriend," I said, taking a sip of the hot coffee that warms my throat all the way down to my stomach.

"Why? Are you the only person who can have a girlfriend? " Dong Wook replied with a knowing smile, so I scoffed while laughing a little.

He knows about Jennie by the way. I told him about her when we were driving our way here. I mean, he asked me why I was there in the first place, so I had no choice but to tell him about our dinner date.

"I don't have a girlfriend," I honestly said.

"Funny," the investigator laughs, taking a sip on the drink he had made.

"No seriously, she's not. Yet, "I added quickly.

"Well, you're going to have a girlfriend if she says yes, so it's still the same," he replied with a chuckle.

"I hope so," I whispered, then silence fell between us, watching the raindrops on the window as we heard the rain outside.

"Gong Yoo was the one who called me about the killings," Dong Wook started.

"They immediately questioned and investigated Jin Goo about it, but these killings were too massive for him to do, especially when he was already behind bars. Not to mention his secretary who died from Yeonjun's rescue operation, he doesn't have enough people to do that for him. "

"So there's another enemy, a powerful one to be specific," I said, closing my fist to the cup I was holding until my knuckles turned white.

"That's what I'm thinking, but this is also a good thing," he added, so I looked at him with a frown.

"What do you mean?" I asked to put the cup on the table.

"The person behind the death of the three soldiers was risking it all. I don't know if they have a plan or something, but I'm sure it would be easier for us to catch the killer," Dong Wook's statement makes sense, but I smell something fishy here.

"I think that person already knew it could happen. What if he intended to do that for us to step on the bait," I said while looking at him seriously.