Chapter 12: Hit The Fan

After agreeing to his mother's outrageous idea to a lavash wedding party, we had coffee and dessert then bid them all goodbye. Filled with false promises that we'd do all this again soon. Well actually, we will be doing this again when she finishes arranging everything for the party!

Upon returning to our room a shouting match ensued between Greyson and I that would put any married couple to shame. "What the hell was all that?!?" I shouted throwing my hands up in the air just as we entered our suite. "What the hell was what?" Greyson shouted back defensively. "What's got your panties in a bunch all of a sudden." That earned him a vicious glare on my part.

Shrugging his shoulders nonchalantly as though he didn't have a care in the world, Greyson stated. "I just figured the sooner we get everything over with the better. As you can see my family adores you...especially mom, which is very surprising. Time is ticking away and we still need to break the news to Brett." He answered simply. "Oh and thanks for doing such a good job, you were really convincing."

I spun around and glared at him with narrowed eyes. "Why in the hell would you agree to your mother's idea of another wedding? What's your explanation going to be at your next family gathering and I'm nowhere to be seen?!?" Shaking my head and exhaling a slow breath, I tried to calm myself down. I could feel the blood rushing to my head from anger.

Guys they're great at making decisions on the spot, never thinking of the consequences in the long run."I figured I could pay you or something to escort me to the family gatherings for a year or so to keep up with the false pretenses." Greyson mumbled as he sat on the sofa and reached for the remote to turn on the tv.

Pay me?...pay me?! Did I really just hear him right? When I didn't respond, his blue eyes stared directly at me like I was some sort of an idiot, this only managed to piss me off even more than I already was. How did we get to this point? Was this not the same guy who whisked me away from my cheating ex and sat listening to all my complaints as we drank together a few hours ago?

"Last time I checked I'm not some two bit whore that you picked up off the Vegas strip, Greyson! I'm not a prostitute nor am I an escort of any kind for you to use and dispose of when you damn well please!" My voice exploded angrily, echoing throughout the suite.

How dare he? "As far as I'm concerned we don't need to prolong this mistake any further! First thing tomorrow morning, I want that annulment." Before he could utter a word out of his mouth I spun on my heels and slammed the bedroom door shut, locking it behind me.

Greyson tried unsuccessfully for a couple hours to try and get me to unlock the door so we could discuss everything like rational adults. However, me being the immature one ignored his attempts. I felt used and cheap! That dumb jerk! Laying there boiling with anger, I tossed and turned restlessly until finally falling asleep sometime after two in the morning. Here I was thinking he was different, I must be a bad judge of character!

Upon waking up, I felt like death. Peeling myself up from the bed, I shuffled into the shower with the full intent on accomplishing my three goals I set out to do last night. One...get the annulment and burn that wedding dvd along with our marriage certificate.

Two...withdrawl money from atm and give him back every last dollar spent on clothes yesterday! I didn't want a damn thing from him and if the clothes weren't so cute, I'd throw em in the trash. Finally three...return home back to my new life and forget all about Brett Mitchell and his best friend Dane Jacob Greyson!

After getting dressed, I unlocked the door to find Greyson setting up the table with a full spread of breakfast foods, a room service cart pushed off towards the side. He looked terrible as though he didn't sleep at all last night. Good, serves him right! "Hey." He called out quietly with a small smile. "I got us breakfast. Listen Kam..." Greyson's voice began, but I cut him off before he could go any further.