Chapter 16: Bitchy With A Side of Cattiness

"Kam...Kam!" Greyson's voice echoed from somewhere within the venue. This only urged me to put a pep in my step. The faster I get away from him the better. I managed to make it down to the sidewalk before I was yanked backwards by my forearm into Greyson's solid chest. "Kam, wait...please let me explain." He pleaded in one breath, the smell of his musky cologne swirling around me.

I wanted so badly to lean back into him, just to have his muscular arms wrap around me. For some reason I felt safe in his arms, but I refused to be weak. There were no tears falling from my eyes, which was pretty surprising considering my heart was completely shattered...yet again. How much more do I have to deal with? I was tired of giving all of me to guys who only seem to take, take, and take. Guys who don't deserve my affection, trust, and love.

It was then that Greyson spun me around to face him. Not wanting to listen to any lies or poorly made up excuses, I raised my hand up to stop him from speaking. Stepping backwards I needed to put some space between us. "Listen, you don't owe me an explanation." I stated calmly, although what I really felt like doing was slapping him across the face. The knot in the back of my throat was threatening to suffocate me.

As much as I didn't want to meet his gaze, because I knew it would cause me to completely unravel...I forced myself to stare directly into his eyes. Greyson looked completely torn, almost like he knew he really messed up with me...big time. "Thanks for tonight, I had a really nice time. If you don't mind I'm really tired so I'm heading back to the hotel, you should stay...with your friend." I mumbled, turning around with the full intention to hail a cab.

Once again confusion washing through me as to what this marriage and us 'trying' truly consisted of. Does it include having an open relationship...one where we're allowed to see other people? If so, it's certainly not something I agree on. I'm a greedy bitch and I don't share especially when it comes to my man.

"Like hell I don't owe you an explanation Kam, you're my wife!" Greyson's voice growled at my back angrily. It caused me to freeze on the spot as Greyson stomped his way in front of me again. "Stop acting like you don't care, like none of this bothers you. I know it does because it bothers me too." Taking my face in his hands, he ran the pads of his thumbs up and down my cheeks.

My expression mirrored that of a defeated contender...I've thrown down my gloves. "I won't lie to you Kam. Before I met you I was a different person, I didn't have girlfriends. Only friends...with benefits...and Cassie back there was one of them. I didn't care about any of them it was purely physical." Greyson admitted with shame. "I swear I'm telling the truth, just hear me out."

Unable to control the scoff from escaping my lips, I turned my head sideways causing Greyson to lose his hold on me. Is hearing his confession supposed to make me feel better about the situation I'm stuck in? Married to a player whose only concern was sex and not anyone else's feelings. Geez, I'm feeling a hundred percent better already...note the sarcasm.

Tilting my head upwards to meet his intense gaze Greyson diligently continued on with his rant. His eyes were riddled with guilt and filled with sincerity. "I wasn't finished Kam. With you, I can't stop myself from caring. I want to be the person that puts a smile on your face and fills your heart with love. I'll admit I'm an asshole, I shouldn't have allowed that to happen back there. She just caught me off guard and I'm sorry. It's just that I'm not used to all of this and it's a learning process for me."

Taking a visible gulp, Greyson took a step closer to me. "From the first time we met, I haven't been able to get you off my mind...none of those girls matter to me...they never did. Please give me a chance to prove that to you, don't give up on me yet." The sound of desperation in his voice tugged at the strings of my heart. Could I trust him and believe what he was saying or was he just telling me what he thought I wanted to hear?

"Dane." Her straggled voice came out from somewhere behind me. Deja vu all over again. How long was she standing there for? Did she listen to his entire heartfelt confession to me? With a small reassuring smile, Greyson's arm wrapped around my back as he turned me around. "Cassie, I'd like to introduce you to my wife Kam." Not faltering in the least, Greyson's tone exhuberated confidence.

Cassie's eyes widened in shock as a look of hurt and then finally embarrassment passed through her expression. With her right hand cupping her mouth, she drew a sharp breath in. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry I had no idea." She whispered apologetically. The weird part of it all was that Cassie really did seem sincere, but who knows? I'm not that great at judging people's characters. "It's a pleasure to meet the woman who was able to finally get Dane to settle down. You'll have to let me in on your secret one day." Cassie winked at me jokingly.

Shaking her hand so that I wouldn't seem rude, I allowed my lips to tug up in an awkward smile. "Pleasure's all mine." I retorted still a little angry at her for throwing herself at my husband. Even if she didn't know he was married, I'm pretty damn sure she saw me in his arms right before attacking his mouth. The words that slipped from my lips next caused me to think maybe I need to filter my thoughts before actually speaking them aloud."It's not everyday I get to meet Dane's past conquests."

I could feel as Dane's fingers tightened unconsciously on my hip. What? Did I go too far with that comment? "Conquest?" Letting out a giggle, Cassie waved her hand in the air dismissively. "Never that. Dane and I go way back, we've been 'friends' for longer then I can remember. Right Dane?" It didn't slip past me the way she emphasized 'friends'. Maybe I underestimated her cattiness. Touche two can play this game.

"Way back, hmm?" I asked turning my head slightly to glare at Greyson. How way back are we talking...months...years? There's no way you can have sex with someone for that long and not have any emotional ties to that person. It's just not possible. Either way you look at it, that's time vested in a person. You have to get to know them...their likes and dislikes...right or wrong?

"Honey, what was it that you said to me during the wedding?" I lied feeling the need to get fiesty. "Oh yea, that's right...that you wouldn't need any more friends because you've found your best friend in me and that was all you'd ever need for the rest of your life. Isn't that the sweetest thing you've ever heard Cassie?" I snickered playfully slapping at Greyson's chest a little harder than I should have. He cringed a bit from the smack.

Somehow able to sense a catfight brewing in the horizon. Dane pretended to glance down at his watch, clearing his throat uncomfortably. "Look at the time. We really need to get going. It was nice seeing you again Cass, take care of yourself ok?" Greyson stated as he reached his hand out to grab a hold of her upper arm in a friendly gesture.

Her lips frowned unhappily as she mumbled a barely incoherent, "You too." Ha! That's what I thought. If he even thinks about getting close enough to hug or kiss her, they're both getting bitch slapped! Where is all this jealousy and animosity brewing from? I was never like this in any of my previous relationships. Victory is bittersweet my friends.

Spinning quickly and leading us in the opposite direction towards valet, Greyson leaned down to whisper in my ear with a tight smile plastered to his lips. "Who would've guessed my innocent little wife could turn into such a green eyed monster? I think I like that side of you." He admitted kissing the side of my head.

Once we were out of eyesight from Cassie. I yanked Greyson's hand off my hip and shoved him away from me. Smacking him again in the chest with the palm of my hand so hard that it stung, I glared evilly at him. "Don't you think for one second that you're forgiven and out of the doghouse. You've got alot of making up to do!"

With a crooked smirk, Greyson's eyes sparkled underneath the darkness of the night as he leaned in close to my face. "Oh, I fully plan on making it up to you in every way imaginable...if only you'll let me." His voice was husky causing me to shiver with excitement. Damn my traitorous body for going against my mind! Staying strong and standing my ground seems like it's going to be a feat in it's own. Let's hope I don't crack under pressure, he seems to be wearing down my barricades.

----------------------------------------Thanks for reading loves! Please vote for notice me and evince me in watty awards! xoxo