Chapter 9: Not So Perfect Life

My leg was twitching nervously underneath the table, only when a warm hand landed on my thigh did I finally snap out of whatever thought consumed me. "Baby, you feeling ok? Are you cold? Your leg is shaking." Brett's warm breath washed over the side of my face as he leaned in to whisper in my ear.

I answered with a solemn nod of my head and excused myself to go to the restroom. Ava shot me a 'Need me to come with you?' look, at which I shook my head no in response. I wanted to be alone for now, get some fresh air and clear my mind.

Locking myself in the stall, I ran my fingers through my hair and took deep breaths in through my nose...out through my mouth. Not wanting to stay in the bathroom too long, in case they thought I either flushed myself down the toilet or was taking a number two, I decided I better rejoin them.

After a few minutes, I finally stood up an composed myself to go back out there to face Greyson's intense gaze. I washed my hands for good hygiene and stepped out the bathroom. What was waiting outside for me, leaning sexily against the wall made me jump back in surprise.

Greyson allowed me to come out the restroom enough to where he could use both his hands to trap me against the wall on either side of my head. His sapphire blue eyes burned deep into me, causing my cheeks to flush scarlet. Just thinking of our last encounter together, yes...the one where I smacked him..caused my right hand to tingle.

"Why so nervous Kam?" Greyson asked with a slight smirk tugging at his upper lip. A few wisps of his blond hair fell forward as he leaned in closer to me. My heart was pounding against my chest cavity and my legs felt like jelly. His eyes sparkled against the dim hallway lights.

"I...I don't know what you're talking about. I'm not nervous." My voice stuttered out giving my nervousness away easily. No matter what I did, I couldn't tear my eyes away from his. Even when his finger came up to brush away a loose strand of hair from my face, the most I could do was stand stock still.

Letting out a slow restless sigh, Greyson's shoulders fell a bit before he spoke his next sentence. "There's absolutely no reason for you to be nervous around me Kam. You wanna know something? I was dead set on coming over here and looking up every single Kammie in the phonebook until I found you..." Greyson admitted with a sad smile. "That is, until I found out I wouldn't have to look very far since you're my best friend's girl."

He wanted to look for me? A million different thoughts raced through my mind as I stood there focusing on the space just past his right shoulder. I couldn't look him directly in the eyes anymore, nor could I help the response that escaped my lips. "Why?"

"I wanted to apologize for crossing the line with you. I never meant to make you feel uncomfortable in anyway and you're right I should've known better." Greyson admitted with sincerity, allowing his hands to fall to his sides. Oh, so he was sorry for kissing me, for some odd reason I didn't feel any relief from his words. He just wanted to apologize. "What do you say we start over...from the very beginning?" He asked with a fullout grin tugging at his handsome face.

Nodding my head feebly, I gave him a small smile. "I think I'd like that." I answered in a small voice. We were going to have to get along somehow. For one he's Brett's best friend and best man and secondly, he's planning on sticking around for a while.

"Hey, everything ok here?" Brett's voice interrupted our intense staredown like a splash of cold water to the face. "You guys have been gone for a while, the food arrived. Kam, I took the liberty of ordering for you. Are you feeling alright?" Brett inquired full of concern.

Breaking away from my place next to Greyson, I smiled warmly at Brett. "I'm fine. I was just telling Greyson...um...DJ, how happy I am that your best friend is finally here. Maybe now you'll have some relaxation time and not work so hard." I shoved Brett's shoulder playfully and rolled my eyes as I made my way back to the table.