Chapter 8: Surprise?

"So seven thirty, right?" Ava asked peeking her head into my office as her eyes took in the pile of papers on my desk. Two weeks have gone by since we've returned home from vacation and everything's returned back to normal...well almost everything. The only thing that seemed out of the ordinary was me.

Brett's been extremely busy and is barely home at times, while I've been emerging myself full force into wedding planning mode. Work has been the usual grind, things with the girls are great, but there's one thing I can't seem to get off my mind...Greyson. What the hell is wrong with me? I've tried keeping myself busy with taking on more and more projects and fully emerging myself in wedding planning, but it's obviously not working. He always manages to sneak into my thoughts.

Looking up from my pile of work. I allowed a smile to form on my lips. "Yes Ava, seven-thirty means seven-thirty. Not eight...not nine, got it?" I retorted sarcastically but Ava knows I was completely kidding. I should know, the four of us are a bunch of procrastinators...always late...making our grand entrance.

With a huff, Ava allowed herself to come into my office and threw herself down in the chair across from me. "You say that like I do it purposely!" She laughed. "I can't help that it takes so much time to master perfection, Kam." Ava joked with an eye roll and a dramatic flip of her hair. As she finished up that sentence Roxy and Elsie helped themselves to come join our conversation.

"So tonight's the big night, huh?" Roxy asked leaning against my desk. "Oooh if he's hot, I totally get first dibs on him." Elsie interjected excitedly causing me to shake my head. She's so boy crazy!

"Yea, it's the big night. They're actually getting their tux's fitted as we speak. Then their spending some much needed quality guy time before we all get together." I answered mindlessly as I finished typing up an article. "Those are Brett's words, not mine."

Tonight's the night I'll finally get to meet DJ, Brett's best friend a.k.a brother from another mother. He's staying in town for a few months until after the wedding. Brett told me last night he was telling DJ how hectic work has been, so DJ offered to help him out for a few months. Which was extremely kind of him. From all I've heard from Brett, I'm a hundred percent positive DJ and I will make great friends.

We were having a get together for our bridal party tonight us girls, Brett, DJ, and two of Brett's college buddies Carson and Nico. We all know each other from having gone out together for dinner or to the bars before. The only unfamilar person was DJ, but I'm sure we'll welcome him into the group with open arms. We're a friendly bunch.

Brett's cell number popping up on my office phone caller ID surprised me. Giving the girls a 'be quiet for a few minutes' look I picked up my phone. "Hey Brett, what's up?" I asked cheerfully, hearing Brett's voice always managed to bring a smile to my face.

"Hey baby, you'll be happy to know we just finished getting our tux's." Brett chuckled. "We're heading over to catch a movie now so it looks like I won't make it back in time to pick you up. Will you be ok just meeting us at the restaurant?" Brett asked, I could hear the other three laughing and joking around in the background. Aww I'm glad he gets to hang out and have some much deserved fun, he's been working so hard as of lately.

"Of course I don't mind. I'll just get ready at Ava's and catch a ride there with her." I answered while looking over at Ava for confirmation. She nodded her head of course. "Have fun at the movies, see you later baby. I love you." I responded which got caused the girls to 'aww' annoyingly.

"Ok, beautiful...thanks. See you later, love you." Brett stated earning him a bunch of high pitched 'Ohhh Brett!' And a bunch of smooching sounds to erupt from the guys. It made me laugh, bunch of immature jerks! "Grow the hell up!" I heard Brett answer before he hung up the phone.