Chapter 18: Officially Wooed

Waking up the next morning to the sound of a blaring alarm, I opened my eyes to unfamiliar surroundings. My head pounded as though there was a little man inside playing the drums. The feel of Greyson's bare muscular chest rising and falling beneath my head made me jump up to a sitting position in surprise. What the hell am I doing in his bed? Since when did I fall asleep in his arms? So much for me standing my ground and us sleeping in separate rooms...that lasted a total of one night huh?

Somehow able to sense my distress, a disheveled looking Greyson focused his bright blue eyes on my face. Clearing his throat, he offered me a shy smile...dimples included. "Morning." Damn he looks sexy first thing in the morning, especially since he sleeps half naked with just a pair of low slung pajama bottoms. How do I not recall getting into his bed last night?

Last thing I remember was stressing over the fact that I have yet to tell my parents about breaking up with Brett and that I needed to extend the invite to my wedding reception to an entirely different man. I vaguely recall suggesting we play a good old game of uno after Greyson hugged me and told me it was his turn to win over my parents. How uno came to involve the loser taking a shot of tequila is beyond me.

Not able to remember anything that occurred after that was seriously not a good sign. Running my hands through my bed hair, I uttered a "morning" back in return as I shuffled off the bed. Greyson watched me move about with amusement in his eyes, never once taking his intense gaze off of me. Scurrying awkwardly out of his room, I quickly made my way into the bathroom and locked myself inside.

Letting out a deep breath I examined my reflection in the mirror, my cheeks completely flushed. How can I get all riled up from something as simple as his gaze? A realization dawned on me, as I suddenly smacked myself on the forehead. I was completely turned on by Greyson's smoldering eyes on me and was seriously tempted to jump back into his bed. This time not so innocent thoughts plagued my mind.

Showering quickly, I rushed to get ready for work. For some reason I needed to get out of this place, the walls seemed to be closing in on me. I'm not so sure how much longer I can hold out for. I'm a grown woman and I've got needs dammit! When it really came down to it, it's either I swallow my pride and be his wife one hundred percent or I hold onto my morals and make him win me over...not that he hasn't already, but I planned on making him woo me.

Grabbing my bag, I slung it over my shoulder and began power walking out the room. Greyson, however had something totally different in mind when he blocked my path down the hallway towards the front door. He was in a white singlet and his pajama bottoms leaning sexily with his right hand perched up against the wall and a cup of coffee in his left hand.

I stood there unsure of what to do, where to look and what to say. It's not everyday one has a nervous breakdown...this time it was about my parents...last time it was about Brett. With Greyson, I've already had enough mini meltdowns to last us a lifetime. I'm surprised he's not running away yet. "It's still early, I was hoping we could have breakfast together." Greyson suggested breaking the silence.

Raising my eyes to meet his, my body made up its mind before I did when my head nodded yes on its own. Taking the mug from his extended hand, I was surprised to see that Greyson knew exactly how I took my coffee...it tasted perfect. I was even more impressed to walk into the kitchen and see that our breakfast was prepared and set up on the balcony.

It was beyond adorable that he placed two advils next to my glass of orange juice."Would you mind if I drove you into work today? I have to go into the city on some business." Greyson asked as he sat down across from me. "I was hoping we could go out to dinner later on. Maybe go see a movie?" The adorable look on his face made me give in alot more quickly than I would've liked.