Chapter 5: He's Not My Date! (Picture of Elsie)

"Yes baby, I'm absolutely...positively...sure you don't have to rush out on the first flight here." I kept insisting, trying to reassure Brett I was perfectly fine. He's been so extremely busy working on a new project, I didn't want to be a burden. I could have killed Elsie for calling Brett and telling him I almost died! "Although you know what? If you wanted to fly out here to take care of me, who am I to stop you?" I joked playfully.

"Very funny Kam." Brett's voice filled with seriousness came through the receiver. Obviously he didn't think there was anything amusing about my whole near death experience. What would the newspaper read? Woman kiilled by beloved dolphin Buttercup in a freak accident? "Please try and be careful, I want to marry you with all your limbs in tack."

"I promise I won't do anymore dangerous life threatening activities while I'm here." I vouched, hearing a breath of relief escape Brett's lips. In the background I could hear laughter and talking filling the background. "Listen, I have to go Kam. My meeting is here, call me tomorrow. Enjoy your dinner, I love you and be safe." Brett sighed into the phone allowing me to respond "I love you" back before he quickly hung up.

Sliding over the seat, I planted my feet safely on the sidewalk before grabbing a hold of the hand extended outwards to assist me in getting of our taxi. "Thanks" I uttered to the doorman of the restaurant who stood there with his mouth ajar staring at myself, Ava, Elsie, and Roxy.

We were all dolled up, Ava decided to make dinner reservations away from the resort at a fancy restaurant hence the taxi. Since we all planned on drinking, we thought it would be best if none of us drove. That's the last thing we needed was being arrested for drunk driving or causing an accident!

As the girls informed me dinner would include the four of us along with Greyson and his four friends from the restaurant that night. Ask me to pick any of them besides Greyson out of a line up and I'd fail you miserably. I blame it on alcohol as the reason why I couldn't remember what any of the guys looked like.

Making our way through the quiet restaurant the only sound that could be heard was the slight chatter of the customers along with the click-clacking of our heels against the hardwood floors. I felt a bit uncomfortable, it seemed like all eyes were on us as we were led to our table by the hostess.

Yes, we were arriving fashionably late...Ava's motto that she lives and dies by. We were making our grand entrance, no we're not attention seekers nor do we need to be the center of the universe around us. The girls just liked to make the guys sweat it out and wait a little, call it teasing if you may.

Shrugging my shoulders, I could care less either way. There was noone here I needed to impress. I was just here to stuff my face with extravagant food and drink some good alcohol. Trailing a bit behind the three girls in front of me I allowed my attention to focus on my surroundings.

The restaurant was decorated beautifully with sparkling crystal chandeliers, deep rich brown and white walls were decorated with vintage paintings. How does Ava find these places? I wondered to myself as I stared up at the glass ceiling, causing my mouth to drop open instantly.

It was absolutely breathtaking, the dark night sky was sparkling with scattered stars and the full moon was dropped so low you could almost make out warm eyes and a smile if you looked close enough. I wondered if the moon would look as beautiful from our balcony back at home?

"Ladies." The sounds of scraping chairs brought my attention back into the restaurant as the guys stood from their chairs to pull out ours. I bumped into Ava's back roughly causing her to glance at me over her shoulder with a 'what the hell?' face. "You ok?" She whispered staring at me with concern. I nodded letting her know I was fine.