Chapter 25: Reception Perfection

Putting the finishing touches on my makeup, I took one last look in the mirror. This is as good as it's going to get considering I'm nursing one hell of a hangover. A simple emerald comb pushed my hair back so that it draped over my left shoulder in massive curls. The dark circles underneath my eyes from lack of sleep were difficult to cover up, but I'm eternally grateful for the invention of concealer. Greyson was right when he said his mom would call at the crack of dawn. At seven o'clock sharp both of our cell phones went off simultaneously.

How did Claire manage to call both of us at the same exact time you ask? She used her cell phone to call Greyson and her husband Lawrence's cell to harass me! After ignoring her call the first time around, Greyson groaned and rolled over grabbing his phone off the night stand in a hurry to answer it the second time she called. He was afraid she would come knocking on our door instead. We got in close to four in the morning, after our unnecessary night of partying, so we're both currently functioning on three hours of sleep.

Smoothing out my emerald colored floor length gown, I gave myself a little twirl. I adjusted my diamond necklace and double checked the back of my diamond earrings to make sure the studs were snapped on tightly. Silly to say I felt like a princess going to a fancy ball to meet my prince charming. It's not often one gets to dress up like this and I felt honored that Greyson's parents are doing all of this for us.

Stepping out of the bathroom, I walked into the bedroom to find Roxy and Elsie fighting over my vanity mirror. "Move over you hog, you're all but two pounds of ass and you're taking up the entire mirror!" Roxy grunted as she hip bumped Elsie. "Uhh, I don't think you can call me a hog and then say I'm two pounds of ass in the same sentence...you're contradicting yourself." Elsie retorted with a snort as she continued to apply mascara with her mouth wide open shaped into an O.

"Kam, you look great." Ava complimented as she shuffled past me racing for the bathroom with her gown in hand. I was able to utter a quick "thanks" before she cut me off quickly. "Now if you don't mind, I'm borrowing your bathroom to get ready. This room obviously isn't big enough for the four of us." She laughed shutting the bathroom door behind her. "Hey!" Elsie shouted in outrage at the closed door. "I called next for the bathroom." The only response heard from Ava was, "Too bad, you snooze ya lose."

Greyson left as soon as his mom called, having to go help set up and take care of any last minute details at his parents. The reception is set to start at three, the girls came over at ten so that I could catch them up on all the action they missed out on last night at the club and to get ready together. "I can't believe Claire is seriously sending a limo to come pick us up." Elsie said incredulously shaking her head. "You have the bestest mother in law ever." I'd have to definitely agree with her on that.

Arriving at the Greyson household was like pulling up to the freaking Whitehouse...simply amazing. "Holy hell this place is huge." Elsie huffed in amazement. With traffic it took us a little over two and a half hours to get here, no drinking allowed beforehand...Claire's rules. She's obviously well aware of our love for alcohol and refused to have us drunk upon arrival.

Exiting our limo, the four of us made our way around to the back of the house. The entire place was bustling as guests and workers shuffled around the grounds. There was no sign of Greyson as we stood open mouthed gawking at the beauty of it all. Behind the house was a huge deck with an in ground olympic sized pool. Off to the side of that was a outdoor brick oven and grill, sure to be any culinary chef's dream.

There had to be at least a few acres of land that made up the Greyson's property, it was endless. Lilac tablecloths covered at least thirty tables with beautiful centerpieces of white lillies and lilac colored carnations. A long table for twenty sat at the front of the yard that overlooked a manmade lake filled with floating lilypads and candlelit lamps, it was breathtaking.