Chapter 10: Vegas

The bright sun shining on my face caused me to squint against the assault on my eyes. Stretching out on the bed, I opened my eyes a slit and took in my surroundings. Where was I? Nothing looked familiar to me at all. Tan colored walls with extravagant paintings decorated the room, where I was laying alone in the center of a king sized bed with nice crisp white sheets.

Thoughts of yesterday came rushing back to me as I recalled catching Brett cheating on me. That no good bastard! Me asking Greyson to just drive as he asked me where to. I faintly remember him driving for a few hours, me falling asleep, and then waking to the bright neon lights of the strip of Las Vegas casinos.

We gambled and drank alot, so much in fact that I don't recall the rest of the night. As I brushed my hair out of my face with the back of my left hand, something hard scraped against my head. Holding my hand out in front of my face, my mouth dropped open before I let out an ear piercing scream. No doubt it was heard throughout the entire casino!

Sitting pretty on my ring finger was at least a three carat tear drop diamond ring complete with the matching wedding band! What the hell happened last night?!? In response to my scream fit for a horror movie, an extremely hungover Greyson stumbled his way into the room frantically. "What happened? Are you ok?!?" He groaned holding his pounding head in retaliation.

My eyes widened as I gasped in shock pointing to his left hand. With a puzzled look Greyson asked, "What is it? Is there something on my face?" He questioned, running his hand from his head to his chin. I shook my head and insistently pointed again to his hand, this time I breathed out. "Look at your hand."

Greyson held out his left hand and his blue eyes opened up in shock as he took in the white gold diamond wedding band on his ring finger. His eyes trailed to my left hand up to my face where his mouth dropped open in what I can only describe as surprise. How much did we have to drink and how much did I spend on this hotel room and our jewelry? There's no way a dolphin trainer could afford such an extravagant ring let alone the room!

Through ragged breaths, I yanked the covers up enough to see that I was still dressed in the same clothes I had on yesterday. Which meant that we didn't sleep together...good! My only thought as I breathed a sigh of relief. "What did we do?" He whispered as he came to take a seat at the foot of the bed?

I let out a sigh, "Pfft, seems pretty obvious what we did, doesn't it? We got drunk off our asses and we got married." I gasped as my voice admitted it out loud. "Out of all places in the world why would you pick Vegas?" I asked disbelievingly, my tone filled will accusation.

"Oh no, don't you try and pin this all on me." Greyson glanced at me over his shoulder with his piercing blue eyes. "We both had to agree to this for it to happen." He stated, standing up and walking away. "Be back in a few, I'm going to get some pain killers for us." Greyson grumbled as he swiped the keycard off the table and left the room.

I know, I'm being a complete and utter bitch right now. Greyson was just trying to cheer me up after everything that happened, but this only makes the situation ten times worse! I just broke up with his best friend less than twenty four hours ago!! What am I going to tell the girls?

Oh my god! The girls! I'm late for work, I thought as I jumped up from the bed and fumbled through my purse on the table by the window for my cellphone. I had thirty missed calls more than half of them from Brett, ten voicemails, and seven texts. Shutting myself in the bathroom I read all my texts and listened to all the voicemails.

I deleted all the ones from Brett pleading for my forgiveness, including his long texts of giving him another chance. Not in this lifetime buddy. It seems the girls all know what happened after Brett went to each of their places in the middle of the night in search of me! Dialing Ava's cell, I was greeted by her frazzled tone.