Chapter 7: Woman On A Mission

"I miss you." My voice whined pitifully into the receiver as I looked around at my surroundings. I was currently holed up in the bathroom sitting on the cool tile floors up against the tub. "I know you're extremely busy and all, but give me a call when you get this message. I love you Brett."

Yet another call Brett didn't answer, but I knew he was still alive because Brett called me once then texted me while we were out sailing with the guys. He said he'd be working late tonight to meet his construction deadline. In a rush to leave I forgot to bring my cell phone and I was silently cursing myself for that right now.

"Kammie if you don't come out now, we're breaking the door down!" The girls were banging relentlessly on my bedroom door, they've been trying to get me to come out of the room for the past hour. Supposedly the guys invited us to a bbq they were having on the beach.

I for one wasn't interested in spending any more time with Greyson after hearing him say those things. Ok, fine...maybe he wasn't even talking about me, but what if he was? I don't appreciate being laughed at. When the hell did I become so self conscious about what people think of me....have I always been this way?

"Alright already, I'm coming!" I shouted out, standing up I smoothed out my sundress and adjusted my side ponytail. Exiting the bathroom I strutted over and pulled open the bedroom door giving my cheesiest smile to the three girls standing there with narrowed eyes. "Shall we go or did you girls decide against it?" I asked nonchalantly.

Holding out her hand, palm facing upwards Ava stared at me expectantly. "Hand it over Kam, you know I hate to do this to you...but you've got to stop torturing yourself. You're going to enjoy the last few days here if it kills me. In order for you to do so, I need to confiscate your phone."

I stared at her wide mouthed, confiscate my phone? Is she really serious? I'm not some uncontrollable teenager who breaks the rules, I'm a grown woman damnit! There's absolutely no reason for my phone to be taken away! What if Brett tries to call me?

"Yea Kam, you're supposed to be enjoying your last days of freedom before getting married. Instead you're spending all your time fretting over Brett!" Roxy chimed in with a pointed stare, her hands resting on her hips.

"It's time to live a little and be free." Elsie added with her bubbly smile. "You'll be spending the rest of your life with Brett, can't we as best friends just enjoy our time away?" Her hands were folded across her chest and she gave me the saddest look ever when saying the last part.

They were all right, absolutely...positively...right. I know my girls would never steer me wrong. They've been there for me always and my miserable attitude was just putting a damper on our entire vacation. This was all arranged for me, for us to get together one last time and be free.

Just then a phone began ringing, my eyes lit up excitedly as Brett's name and face popped up on the screen. Answering the phone, "Hello." I heard nothing in response, so I repeated myself again. It sounded like a bit of rustling in the background.

A puzzled look crossed my face as I pulled the phone away from my ear to stare at it. Before I knew what happened Elsie grabbed the phone from my hands, putting it on speaker. The four of us huddled around trying to hear what was going on. All of us staring at one another with a 'what the hell?' face.

Was I just butt dialed? More shuffling occurred before I heard Brett's voice loud and clear. "Right there, yea....it feels so good." WTF?!? I could feel the blood coming to a boil underneath my skin as I stood there with my mouth dropped open. The same look plagued the three girls standing around me as a female voice was heard. "You like that?"

The sound of laughter at the doorway of our suite caused us to glance over. Greyson and Damon stood there grinning at us. "You girl's ready? We're here to escort you to the bbq." Damon announced, however their smiles were immediately wiped away once they saw the serious expressions on our faces.