Chapter 6: Scuba Diving (Picture of Roxy)

The feeling of my comforter being ripped away from my body and the annoying stream of sunlight instantly blinding me as my curtains were pulled open made me flip over onto my belly and groan. "Come on Kam, you've been sleeping for two days straight, get out of bed!" Ava yelled taking a swat at my buttcheeks as she stood towering over me. "You reek, wake up and shower!" She demanded in her motherly tone.

"Nooo I jush wanna sweep." I mumbled face down in my pillow. I haven't spoken to Brett for two entire days. He's texted me, but whenever I call he must be too busy with his construction project to pick up the phone. I knew coming on this getaway was a huge mistake, I should've just stayed home!

"Kam, do you really think Brett would want you to be this miserable?" Ava asked tugging on the back of my tank top. "We have five days left here, you need to make it worth it. Anyone would kill to be in your position!" I know I'm acting like an intolerable spoiled brat, but I've never gone more than a few hours without speaking to Brett...let alone days!

Pondering over what my best friend was preaching, I rolled onto my back and gave her a meek smile. "I suppose you're right." I mumbled under my breath, causing her to smile at me brightly. Brett would be really upset if he found out I was moping around like a teenager experiencing my first break up.

"Ugh, brush your teeth twice!" Ava joked with a laugh as she waved her hand in front of her nose. That's the joy of having a best friend, they're not afraid to tell you the truth when it comes down to it. "Great, get ready we're going sailing with the guys." Sailing with the guys...oh joy, how wonderful...note the sarcasm.

As the warm wind whipped through my hair, I sat on a bench at the edge of the boat staring into the clear water. My hand rested unconsciously on my tummy hoping I don't get seasick and throw up all over the place. Although it would be hard to throw up considering I haven't eaten for two days. Everyone was laughing and drinking glasses of wine.

We were on Damon's boat called the Black Beauty. Damon painted the entire boat black to represent the prized horse he had growing up as a child...go figure. Damon was patiently teaching Roxy how to operate the boat.

As I gazed out at the front of the boat pushing through the water, a glass of white wine appeared in my view. Turning my head, my eyes trailed all the way up to the face of the person who was holding the glass. Half expecting to see Ava, I was surprised when I was met with a well chiseled masculine face and sparkling blue eyes.

"Looks like you can use this." Greyson offered still holding the glass out insisting I take it. After our last encounter, I promised myself that I'd ignore Greyson if he ever tried to speak to me again. I mean sure I was a total and complete bitch to him, but did he really need to let go of the hammock and cause me to flip out face first in the sand? No, no he did not.

Shaking my head no, I declined his measley peace offering by turning my body as well as my attention back to the water in front of me. I leaned a little further over the edge to catch a better glimpse of the sea life swimming underneath the boat.

My girls as well as Brett knew when I was in this kind of mood, I preferred to be left alone. I have my own way of dealing with things and once I get over my self sorrow, I'll be fine. Obviously not getting the hint of my 'leave me the hell alone' memo, Greyson took it upon himself to come and sit on the bench directly across from me.

"We're going to stop a little further out and go scuba diving, you're coming right?" Greyson's voice asked to no one in general. I knew he was speaking directly to me since we were the only two at the front of the boat. Everyone else was seated towards the back.

Scuba diving? I don't know how to scuba dive, nor did I plan on learning. It's blatantly clear that Kammie Withers and sea life do not mix. I'll probably get tangled up in some coral or knowing my luck today will be the day a great white shark decides it wants to eat a human. Deep in thought, I stayed quiet...which must have given Greyson the idea I was ignoring him...which I was.