Chapter 23: Meet the Parents

My chest heaved up and down as I sucked in lungfuls of oxygen. Trying my best to ignore the painful cramp developing in my right upper quadrant, I thought to myself...'I need to get back to the gym, damn I'm out of shape'. Running full speed down the corridor with a newfound determination, I was hell bent on catching up to Greyson and finding out what his problem is with me. It was no easy feat in a skirt with three inch heels. There's no way in hell I'm allowing anything to ruin my good spirits. I deserved to be happy, did I not?

Finding Greyson hunched over the outside of his shiny car with his head resting on his forearms stopped me dead in my tracks. I couldn't see his facial expression, but his body language screamed out loud that he was visibly distraught. Approaching with caution, I reached out placing my hand onto his lower back which caused his entire body to stiffen in a way that told me he didn't want me touching him. Ok, not the reaction I was hoping for, but at this time I needed to tread carefully in deep waters.

Slowly, Greyson raised his head up and turned to face me. The look of pain and sadness etched into his eyes caused my heart to crack slightly. "Are you here to break the news and let me down gently?" Greyson began with an undertone of sarcasm. "Don't bother Kam, there's no need. I saw the way the two of you reacted towards one another...heard you telling Brett you'll always love him...so I get it."

This is what I was getting the crappy attitude for? Jealousy in its purest form, this is not some sort of challenge for godness sakes! I am a person with feelings not a ping pong ball to be bounced back and forth between two fierce competitors. Not able to control the anger that coursed through me in this love hate relationship, my tiny hands shoved at Greyson's masculine chest with all my might.

"Oh yea, well if you stuck around a little longer you would've realized the conversation consisted of Brett and I saying our goodbyes to one another ya big dummy!" I panted heavily still trying to get my heart rate back to normal. "You would've seen that Brett's finally accepted things and he isn't angry any longer for whats happened between us."

Greyson grabbed at my flailing arms and yanked me flush against him with full force. His eyes roamed curiously over my face trying to read my next words, but instead I stood quiet my breathing erratic. The intensity in which he was staring at me with such a deep burning desire caused all the blood to rush straight to the pit of my belly. He's never looked at me that way before or at least I haven't noticed that he has.

Every single nerve ending stood at attention as my heart pounded violently against my chest. Greyson lowered his head closer to my own, allowing me to smell his intoxicating cologne. "So what exactly are you trying to tell me Kam?" I got lost in the way his piercing blue eyes reminded me of the ocean, the scruff on his five o'clock shadow complimented his perfectly chiseled face. The feel of his muscular body pressed up against mine sent shivers throughout.

Swallowing down the lump in the back of my throat, I realized there was an undeniable fire between us...a burning passion that needed to be dealt with accordingly before we could move on. "I'm trying to tell you that I don't want Brett...I want..." My voice trailed off, scared that I was laying my heart on the line for him to reject. What the hell else have I got to lose, he's already my husband. Letting out a breath of air, I closed my eyes and let the confession escape. "I want to be with you. I'm in love with you."

With that said, I could feel the built up tension deflate from my body like a balloon. Greyson released my wrists from his grip, placing my hands on his vast chest. "Open your eyes." Greyson commanded. The feel of his right hand cupping the back of my neck, while the left one snaked around my waist as his warm breath washed over my lips told me he was directly at eye level.

Opening my eyes, I was relieved to see a softness in his. That's a good sign that he's not going to tell me he regrets this whole thing right? "I love you too Kam." Greyson whispered huskily brushing his lips against mine before deepening the kiss. I'm not sure how long we stood there making out for. All I do know is that my hands were running themselves up and down Greyson's abs underneath his button up and his right hand found its way down to my left breast as I leaned against his body which was resting on his car.