Chapter 26: Charity

"Good morning Mrs. Greyson." His husky baritone voice whispered as he peppered kisses along the back of my ear down towards my neck. I groaned with exhaustion as the butterflies in the pit of my belly came fluttering to life at the feel of Greyson's muscular body pressed up against mine from behind. My arms prickled with goosebumps from the sensation of Greyson's lips running against my overly sensitive skin. We spent all of last night after our amazing wedding reception into the early hours of the next morning ridding ourselves of all that pent up sexual tension between us. The girls would be so proud of me, if they only knew what occurred between the sheets.

"Just a few more hours of sleep." I mumbled incoherently as I turned my face into the pillow. Greyson chuckled at my response leaning his chin on top of my right shoulder. "We've been sleeping all day beautiful. It's four in the afternoon and we need to get ready for the charity event at six." "What?!?" I shouted in disbelief. Hearing that an entire day was wasted away, my body jerked upwards into a sitting position knocking poor Greyson's chin roughly with my shoulder.

Never in my entire life have I ever slept in this late. One day married to Greyson and I'm already letting myself go! "Oww." Greyson grumbled from beside me causing me to look over and see him rubbing at his slightly red chin. Feeling extremely guilty, I leaned over and kissed his booboo better, offering a meek "Sorry." The amusement in his ocean blue eyes told me that he was faking the injury as Greyson wrapped his arms around me, dragging me back down towards the bed.

He rolled so that he hovered over top of me. The way Greyson was gazing into my eyes was so intense, I almost had to look away. "What do you say we shower together to cut down our preparation time?" He grinned boyishly, showing off his dimples. Not able to hold back, I giggled and nodded my head in agreement. Being with Greyson caused me to feel like a crazed teenager in love again. He just had that type of effect over me and I still wasn't exactly sure if that was a good or bad thing. All I do know is that it makes me feel alive.

In order to try and get more involved with the community, us girls at Tres Chic magazine decided we should host a charity event. All the proceeds would benefit families of sick children at the local hospitals. I can't imagine the amount of medical bills that add up and how difficult it must be to try and be there for your child as well as working to make ends meet. We made surprise visits to the hospital every now and then to bring the kids toys and host fun days for them. The joy on their little faces was enough for us to do everything in our power to keep the smiles in place.

We decided this event should be a beef and beer. Usually we do black tie events, but this time all four of us agreed it would allow local businesses to take part in the fun if it was more laid back. Arriving at the venue, dressed casually we greeted some of the local business owners as we made our way inside hand in hand. Elsie, Roxy, and Ava were off to the side setting up raffles for prizes. Leaning up brush my lips against Greyson's I notified him. "I'll be over there helping out." He waved at the girls giving me a sneaky grin Greyson patted my backside and mumbled, "Make sure you behave yourselves."

Greyson made his way over to the open bar that his buddies were occupying. The guys from Aruba were hanging around for a week. It was their mini getaway from paradise. We made an announcement last night at our wedding reception asking people to come out and join us in supporting the cause and the turnout was great. Joining the girls, I didnt even get to grab a roll of tickets before they verbally bombarded me with questions.

"Soooo, how was your night?" Ava asked at the same time Elsie all but screamed. "How is he in bed?!?" Roxy followed that with, "Damn good I'm supposing telling by the glossy look in her eyes and their somewhat late appearance." The three of them began cracking up as a blush crept its way slowly up to my cheeks. "Shut up, we overslept." I retorted, but by the slight grin on my lips my girls could tell I was lying. "Uh-huh overslept my ass, you probably didn't sleep at all until this morning." Elsie teased, little did she know she hit it right on. "With all that pent up sexual tension."