Chapter 14: Winging It

Sitting on Ava's sofa quietly with my head in my hands, I listened as my three best friends interrogated Greyson with rapid fire questions...one after another. The past hour has been spent asking what his intentions were with me, how he plans on supporting us, and where he sees us in five years. I felt like a teenager going out on my first date with the way the girls were grilling him.

I wasn't exactly sure how I felt about the entire situation at hand. My emotions have been on a high speed roller coaster, I literally felt sick to my stomach. Confused wasn't the word when it came to the way I was feeling. The reality of things seemed so far gone, I couldn't grasp it if I tried. I'm married to Dane Jacob Greyson...for good. The only possible way out of this is through an actual divorce!

Wasn't Greyson the one who suggested the annulment in the first place? Why would he marry me, suggest an annulment, and then not even go through with it after we agreed it was what we both wanted?!? Was he just staying married to me for some sick ulterior motive of keeping up the facade to his family? If so, that's just plain out insanity!

Fingers snapping in front of my face caused my head to snap backwards as I blinked rapidly. Looking up, I had to smile at the look of stress plaguing Ava's normally calm facade. "Kam? Are you planning on joining us back here on earth? We have issues to resolve!" She asked with raised eyebrows. Elsie and Roxy were sitting on the sofa across from us with similar expressions. "What do you plan on doing with all this?" Ava's voice was filled with worry. "Is he moving in with you or are you moving away?" She questioned anxiously.

Off in the kitchen area I could hear Greyson on the phone speaking in a calm manner to his mother, I could only assume. Shaking my head to rid myself of any negativity, I cleared my throat and answered the best I could. "I guess I'll just have to go with the flow of things girls, what else is there to do? I'm not moving anywhere my life is here, so if he wants to be with me then I suppose he's going to have to stay." My best friends stared at me in amazement almost as though I've lost my damn mind.

Guess they're not used to seeing by the book Kammie, not planning things through and just 'winging it' as some say. I'm tired of arranging things in hopes of trying to make it all run smoothly, only to have it blow up in my face. For once, I'm going to be spontaneous and roll with the punches!

"Well I'll be damned!" Elsie chuckled, slapping her hands on her knees. "You've finally decided to throw out the decrepit granny panties and whip out the sexy lingerie!" The three of us eyed Elsie warily, not comprehending her psycho babble. With an exaggerated eye roll, she sighed. "Duh girls! Don't you see...Kam is finally saying to hell with it all. She's taking charge and gonna live her life the way she wants and not the way she is expected to!"

Wow, seems like Elise gets exactly what I'm trying to emphasize! Ava and Roxy nodded their heads in agreement and slowly a cheesy smile began tugging its way onto their lips. "You know what this means right Kam?" Roxy smirked with a look that said they knew something I didn't.

Elsie's eyes lit up brightly as she began bouncing in her seat. "Ooh you lucky bitch! We want all the details, every single last one of them about that stud muffin's love making skills!" She whispered screamed in what I assumed was supposed to be a hushed voice, only that was the exact moment Greyson walked out of the kitchen.

I wanted to curl up and disappear into the sofa cushions! How did this conversation change over to his bedroom skills? The cocky smirk that tugged up at the corner of his mouth as Greyson let out a hearty chuckle caused Elsie to shriek in flushed embarassment. He obviously overheard the topic of discussion. "If you girls want, I can record it for you." He joked with laughter, only I found nothing remotely funny about this entire situation.