Gods at Bay and Decisions

September 18, 2019… Hours after the brutal fight

It's only been hours since the glorious day, the day that most likely would not have come for someone. Phoenix, the seemingly sole survivor of the massacre executed by the lord of darkness, Moria, has finally been able to end the tyrant's life in vengeance after 6 long years... All the pain, sweat, tears, blood, and losses were all not in vain... He could finally wake up the next morning, feeling completely free...

Phoenix: *wakes up and yawns* Phew... *Looks outside* Wow... I feel rather happy now... *Stands up* Although...

Hours before this moment...

Phoenix was in the presence of what felt like two entities that could obliterate Phoenix within a few seconds.

Phoenix: *thoughts* Just who are these guys...? I can't sense their energy, but the pressure around me is intense...

???: My calls suggest that you were also a victim of his who got sent here by that accidental wormhole, but because you helped out in taking him out of the picture, we'll let your situation go by.

Phoenix: Uh... Thanks? But seriously, I must ask, why is it your business, and... Who are you?

??? 2: How rude of you to talk to us like that... You clearly don't know, do you?

Phoenix: ... Wait...

???: To answer your question Phoenix... *Smiles* My name is...

Phoenix: ... Whis... The greatest master of martial arts in your universe... So you must be Lord Beerus...

Beerus: I must say, you are excellent to put your mind into figuring out on who you were talking to.

Whis: Indeed.

Phoenix: Well... That, and because I've heard stories about you from my Master...

Beerus: Master you say? And who might this so called master be?

Phoenix: He was my mentor... My teacher... At times, he would always tell me these stories...

Flashback to the early days of training...

Phoenix (14): HRAAAAAAAGH! *blows a whole mountain range up with one blast*

Ridlay: Well done Phoenix.

Phoenix: Thank you master... Master?

Ridlay: Yeah kid?

Phoenix: Um... I'm wondering... How big is space?

Ridlay: ... Well, I can't say for sure, but it does hold many unnatural things to certain entities...

Phoenix: Oh...

Ridlay: Although, yes, it is as big as you can imagine. I would even say that it stretches to many realities far and wide...

Phoenix: Wow... Come to think of it, I wonder who is in control of the Universe, or any other Universe if there is more.

Ridlay: ...

Phoenix: Master?

Ridlay: Now that you say that Phoenix... I suppose I can answer your question, for this will surely be important if you ever come across... Him...

Phoenix: Uh... Ok?

Ridlay: Moria... He may be a monster, someone who has taken everything from us... But...

Phoenix: Wait... Are you saying that there is someone else who is stronger?

Ridlay: Like I said, space is a vast void of matter... Anything could lurk around that could have the power to destroy the entire universe.