Temporary Settlement

Several hours later after the defeat of Francis...

Phoenix: Ngh... Ugh... *Wakes up* H-Huh? Where am I? *Looks around and sees he's in a room* Is this...?

???: Ah, you're awake.

Phoenix: Hm?!

It's Desti

Desti: Easy friend. It's just me...

Phoenix: *relaxes* Oh...

Desti: I see you're awake... Had a nice nap while everyone was worried about you?

Phoenix: They were?

Desti: Well duh. You suddenly collapsed in front of us and didn't wake up until now. How could we not be worried about the guy who helped us... The one who saved my butt back there...

Phoenix: I see...

Desti: ... Thank you...

Phoenix: Oh... You're welcome...

Desti: Now the question that everyone wants to ask... Who are you, and what business do you have with us?

Phoenix: I'll tell everyone that once I recover in time and when everyone isn't busy... I didn't go overboard with my body fighting that drawing back at the island for nothing you know...

Desti: I know... Anyway, I'm going to take a stroll somewhere... *Opens the door* Hey.

Phoenix: Hm?

Desti: I want to ask... Is there a day and time when I can talk to you privately once you recover?

Phoenix: I don't know... I'm contemplating on staying here... Or I might be on my way, trying to get back...

Desti: Back? Back where?

Phoenix: Again, I'll say later.

Desti: Ok. Think about it, because I really need to talk to you. *Winks* Anyway, see ya around, fire boy. *Leaves*

Phoenix: Uh... Ok? *Looks around and tries to move but can't due to his fatigue* Darn... *Thoughts* Hmm... oh who am I kidding? I don't know how I will get back to the past... I have no time machine, and it's less likely that this timeline's E. Gadd has one... I might visit him later... Then again... The ones who I've not seen in years are here alive... Younger, duh, but alive... I... Might not want to go back if I stick around... *Heavy thinking*

After awhile, Mario and Meggy come in

Mario: Hello, anyone alive?

Meggy: Mario!

Mario: What? D:

Meggy: He's ok, ok? He's got to be.

Phoenix: Are you two going to come in?

Meggy: Oh! Thank goodness you're awake!

Phoenix: Yeah. Did Desti inform you?

Meggy: Yeah. Did she introduce herself to you?

Phoenix: Uh no... One, you guys said her name at least once in the island, and two, I do know you guys...

Mario: Am I smexy?! :D

Phoenix: Uh... Maybe?

Mario: ... Ok.

Meggy: *giggles* Oh Mario...

Mario: :)

Phoenix: Anyway, I'm glad that you are ok, Meggy...

Meggy: Thank you... To be honest, if you weren't there, we would not have survived... And I wouldn't be here with my friends, especially Red.